VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm looking at this for a winter project, especially now with the dynamic rears. I had the non-dynamic LED rears on my 7.5 GTi, so assume it's a similar process of pulling through the harness from the trunk lid and tying it into the outer tails (plus coding)? The only reason you'd need to run from the front is if you're doing the rear fog?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Yup, all correct.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Finally got around to installing the facelift tail lights over the weekend, big thanks to Mattchatr and Zero815 for providing all the information needed to knock this out.

Purchased the lights through E-ACCA.com which was 115 dollars less expensive than Cars245. Two of the tail light part numbers have changed, below are the most up to date part numbers.

5NA945207J (replaced 5NA945207G)
5NA945208J (replaced 5NA945208G)
5NA945307H
5NA945308H
@ec2k1gt Is E-ACCA a legit site? Haven't heard of that one before. Any idea how much shipping was to the US?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
@ec2k1gt Is E-ACCA a legit site? Haven't heard of that one before. Any idea how much shipping was to the US?
Yes, have used them several times. Shipping can be pricey but you still save and not sure about to the States but to Canada it was reasonable given the total weight and cost. Before checking out you can get an estimate.

Reactions: M Diddy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, I've used them on several occasions they are legitimate. Like mattchatr mentioned shipping can be pricey, however shipping on the tail lights wasn't bad, I believe I paid 44 bucks to have them shipped to Michigan.

Reactions: M Diddy

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Got a quote for 42 shipping. Really not bad. I'll be picking up a set for the wife's 22. Just need to hear back from Zero to get the harness.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, I've used them on several occasions they are legitimate. Like mattchatr mentioned shipping can be pricey, however shipping on the tail lights wasn't bad, I believe I paid 44 bucks to have them shipped to Michigan.
this info is good to hear, I ordered and paid but haven’t got a shipping date yet, they’ve been good with communication though. Harness also arrived this week, so looking forward to getting started 👍

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
2022 w/ LED sequentials. I unfortunately did not have the time to do the install myself. I dropped the car off at NLS (Nothing Leaves Stock). Apparently there were some differences in the coding from ZERO’s guide for a 22 MY.

The only thing I noticed was the unlock slow sweep. I reached out to ZERO so hopefully we can get that all sorted. Maybe there was just a setting that the shop and I missed. Everything else seems to function as expected.

Video:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
2022 w/ LED sequentials. I unfortunately did not have the time to do the install myself. I dropped the car off at NLS (Nothing Leaves Stock). Apparently there were some differences in the coding from ZERO’s guide for a 22 MY.

The only thing I noticed was the unlock slow sweep. I reached out to ZERO so hopefully we can get that all sorted. Maybe there was just a setting that the shop and I missed. Everything else seems to function as expected.

Video:
Sweet, if you figure out the slow sweep for when the car turns off let me know. There is one for both turning the car on and off and only the on function works for me.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Video:
Nice, they look great! My tails are on the FedEx delivery truck today so going to give this a go this weekend during the warmer weather window.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts

Video:
Also, noticed your lights don't do the startup sequence, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
That startup sequence is something I’m still trying to figure out currently. Everything else is working as expected.
Zero 815 has the startup sequence coding, but we haven't figure out the shut off sequence yet.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
For some reason its not working correctly on mine and the brake lights show up instead on unlock (minus top light). We're currently working it out now via DM's
Awesome. Please let me know if you get it worked out. I have a 22 SEL Rline Im installing the lights on as well, so, any coding updates would be helpful.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Euro's don't have rear side markers. It's only a NA thing.

(I retro fitted euro's on my Canadian tiguan as well).

Reactions: hoppster
81 - 100 of 139 Posts