VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE 2.0 TSI (NAR)
13 Posts
Finally got around to installing the facelift tail lights over the weekend, big thanks to Mattchatr and Zero815 for providing all the information needed to knock this out.

Purchased the lights through E-ACCA.com which was 115 dollars less expensive than Cars245. Two of the tail light part numbers have changed, below are the most up to date part numbers.

5NA945207J (replaced 5NA945207G)
5NA945208J (replaced 5NA945208G)
5NA945307H
5NA945308H
Yup, all correct.
I'm looking at this for a winter project, especially now with the dynamic rears. I had the non-dynamic LED rears on my 7.5 GTi, so assume it's a similar process of pulling through the harness from the trunk lid and tying it into the outer tails (plus coding)? The only reason you'd need to run from the front is if you're doing the rear fog?
Wondering this as well as I intend on using the rear fog. Do you know if running to the front involves more headliner removal and/or other panel removals?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wondering this as well as I intend on using the rear fog. Do you know if running to the front involves more headliner removal and/or other panel removals?
My understanding is that it would involve running wiring from the tail lights directly to the BCM.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Yeah, so rather than headliner you would probably run it along the door sills along the floor. The BCM is on the drivers side behind the OBD2 connection. It's a bit of work to get to it but you would need to know where to plug in. I don't have any of that info. I've added Fogs to my Golf R that I utilized the BCM and factory GTI wiring but I had instructions on how to do it. Unless you have someone to point you in the right direction its going to be a bit of work to research.

Reactions: Woozlewrangler

·
Registered
125 Posts
fitted mine last night - I couldn't get the cables through the right-hand accordion conduit so went around it to test (will circle back this weekend). Seems to work great, the only thing I noticed is that two of the values in the instructions are not available on my vehicle ('Innenlicht'), so I set them to the English equivalent ('Interior lamp') and I haven't seen any issues so far. They look fantastic (y)

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
exciting! I had the same issue (waiting for temperature to rise) - I then also realized my VCDS cable was too old so quickly ordered a replacement and waited for it to arrive :rolleyes:
Yeah, I did the IQ tails on my Arteon already. Wish I had a garage I could use. Just have to wait for the temp to come up.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Coding done and they work perfectly. They do the dance when you unlock like on my Arteon. Dynamic turns work perfectly as do the brake lights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Planning on doing this upgrade as well on my 22' SEL R-Line. I did my MK7 GTI back in 2015 with the euro tails and rear fog. To avoid tapping into the BCM, I did my rear fog in my GTI was to use the reverse light wire pin on the LH taillight and pin it to the rear fog pin, then code it to become a rear fog. Then I "Y" spliced the RH reverse light wire and ran it to the LH side, however I had to upgrade to LED reverse lights to avoid getting an error code due to the incandescent bulbs. They've been working perfectly fine for the last 6 1/2 years.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I have a 2022 SEL/Highline too. Did you install yours? Do you have to run a cable to the front of the car? Thanks! :)
You don't need to run any wires from the BCM to the lights unless you want to configure a rear fog. I just used Zero's wiring kit (used with my Arteon as well) and then changed the coding.

Just like my Arteon too, I broke one of the driver's side wire accordion grommets trying to remove it. Those things are super fragile. Shouldn't be an issue tho.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
WE need VIDEO ..... dooo itttttttt
Thread #49 above, I have a video of them on my 2019. Just have to click one of the first two images to see it.

Reactions: Burkett.ACB

·
Premium Member
22 | VW | Tiguan SEL R-Line | Oryx White
306 Posts
Keep telling myself, just get your tune, and we done... but more and more #_%(*Y keeps appearing that I want... VW is a drug...

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I'm worried about that accordian gromet. The one I broke on my Arteon seems to be holding on really well and looks fine.

The one on the Tig that I broke is definitley hanging down. I'm going to need to replace that sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I'm worried about that accordian gromet. The one I broke on my Arteon seems to be holding on really well and looks fine.

The one on the Tig that I broke is definitley hanging down. I'm going to need to replace that sooner rather than later.
I broke mine on my Golf R. Just ended up using some silicone, masking tape and a couple days with the hatch closed in dry weather. Replacing the gromet will be a PITA, with all that wire to disconnect and rerun through the loom. Big project. Something has to be done though as there is a lot of water that builds up around it....I wipe down the inside of my doors after washing the car and there is always lots of water around the gromet under the hatch..

101 - 120 of 139 Posts