VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished a 851 mile trip with city and interstate driving. Average for the entire trip from the computer was 30.9 MPG. I didn't actually calculate it so I don't know how accurate the computer is. Has anyone compared computer and actual?

· Registered
5,518 Posts
Re: First long roadtrip (vweosdriver)

We have compared it once or twice, actual vs computer and found it to be within tenths accuracy. My Audi vehicles have been within 0.5mpg accuracy in my findings.
Keep in mind too if you use the trip odometer and the gallons from a fuel-up, each pump and station will have some variation as to cut-off points hence there are other areas for inaccuracy there as well.

· Registered
630 Posts

vw, no i havent checked it either, but thats about same as were running , 30-31 with wifey driving then when i drive it goes down 29+, what did you have your cruise set at?80? and how many miles you have on it,,?i think once we get up over6, or 7 k and loosens we 'll do better, thatd be fun to head out on road trip like youi did, bet youhad fun hu? did ya kick it down much? no tickets hu? ha

· Registered
546 Posts

So far gas mileage is 23+. That's mostly intown driving and very little highway. The only time we got to run the highway we got 29+. Not a long trip only about 250 miles round trip. The car had less than 500 miles on it at the time. Car now has almost 1800 miles and has DSG and the 2.0L engine. Planning on a longer trip soon so we'll see what happens to highway mileage.

· Banned
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: First long roadtrip (minnvw)

Car had about 650 miles on it at start of trip and about 1500 at end. I was varying the speed so didn't use cruise, but most of interstate driving was in the 70-80 area with some spurts to 100. Police everywhere, but not thankfully during my spurts. Car was very smooth running, someone in Portugal balanced the tires well. My windows roll up and down fine and no squeaks or rattles. Did lose a screw out of the passenger seat trim where the seat buttons are which will cause a dealer trip. Seat has to be unbolted to fix it. Got several comment at a gas station when the top went down. Fun car so far.

Modified by vweosdriver at 11:21 AM 11-25-2006

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.