VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
241 - 260 of 290 Posts

· Registered
915 Posts
Looks freakin awesome. I'm enjoing my 911 -> M2 switch from a financial, stress and fun perspective. Until Saturday when I was next to a lady dressed like a babushka in a Viper Green 718 spyder. I gave her a huge thumbs up and she kinda half nodded. Then we pulled into the same hospital parking lot. Your car photos well but somehow the proportions in real life are just so much better. As the kids say, its got drip.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Took a drive with my wife early last Friday morning up Angeles Crest Highway to Newcombs Ranch for @goodvibesbreakfastclub meet on the weekend of Luftgekuhlt 8. Random Photog on the crest caught these pics as I ripped up in the crisp fall air.

New wheels should be here any day now but will have to wait. Wife and I are taking off for 2 weeks to Nashville, Pigeon Forge, Ashville, Charleston, Savannah, and Orlando.

· Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,339 Posts
Nice! Are they a true two piece rim? Highly suggest purchasing at least one extra or two as there’s nothing wise than a discontinued style rim with a set of 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
21,244 Posts

· Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
10,359 Posts
The Porsche designations have always been the lols to me.

They require a decoder that only true purists know how to use.

Numbers are all over the place. I will never know what any of it means.
It's silly that we even use them and not something more human like 1st gen, 2nd gen, etc. These days those codes have been relegated to internal chassis designations and make up the first three digits of the part numbers on the car, usually. E.g., 991 143 831 or whatever would likely be a part that goes on a 2013-2019 911, 958 341 830 would be a '10-'18 Cayenne, etc. Wasn't ever meant for enthusiasts to use.

They used to name their cars the same as the designation, and 911 was obviously the code they used for the first one, distinguishable from the 914 or 917. But when the 2nd generation 911 came out (964) it was kind of too late to change the name, so the name 911 stuck for the model, and 964 became the internal designation. Meanwhile, 718 ironically has nothing to do with modern parts numbers (those say 982), it was instead a throwback to the actual 718 chassis code which was was a small 4-cyl race car, and as a marketing name, only served to get the Cayman and Boxster under one umbrella and unify their three digit names (again, now separate from their three digit chassis codes) with the 911 and 918 in sports car names.

I love Germany. But it's not really a country with simple solutions to problems.

· Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
5,645 Posts
Just absolutely perfect :love:

Reactions: sandjunkie
241 - 260 of 290 Posts