VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (hndaklr)

Near finished, but not. I'm trying to decide if it would be too clean looking almost. It takes about 2 hours to shave the strips.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (tulmad)

Yea I would have totally gotten rid of that lock in the trunk....how often do you use your key to manually open your trunk as opposed to using the botton on your key? Other than that it looks like its coming out very nicely, and KEEP the rubstrips.... a) if someone dents your door that would SUCK, and b) I dont think shaved strips look good on a jetta...very nice man!
PS- did you take those with one of those new sprint phones with the camera built in? After you are done paying for this work, invest in a new digi cam!!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (hndaklr)

quote:[HR][/HR]

You shaved the door handles, but not the rub strip
[HR][/HR]​
ditto, and I would also fill in the bumper light on the Votex front, its more european, just me .02cents
Good job though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (micvin)

Is the a jetta boser! Thats hot!
Why did you leave the key hole in trunk lid. You dont need that. You can open it with the remote or from inside the car! I have never even used mine. Also shave the side mouldings and the side markers on the front bumper.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (Jettaway)

yo mang thats hotter than fish grease. keep the strips, ditch the lock. other than that it looks good.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (Dj Alvaro A Kross)

The lock is there for a backup incase the car loses power, then I can manually open the trunk and pop the solenoid from there.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (deisel)

quote:[HR][/HR]The lock is there for a backup incase the car loses power, then I can manually open the trunk and pop the solenoid from there.[HR][/HR]​
Even if your battery dies and your car wont start. The battery will still have enough power to pop the trunk. Well at least mine did. I would rather leave the VW emblem there then have just the lock showing.

[Modified by Jettaway, 10:15 AM 3-22-2003]

[Modified by Jettaway, 10:16 AM 3-22-2003]

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Re: First pics of the shave and kit (Jettaway)

Yea well its too late now for the lock, when my lid was shaved it wa ALL shaved, I didnt want a lock or anything showing...how often am I going to need to get into my trunk when the battery dies? Do you have the same thing for your doors too?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts