VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... as vintage Audi 100s are cool, but certainly not as cool, it is now up to me to open the first real thread in this forum.
As I unfortunately don't own a Countach, I can't make a thread about the interior colour of my car, but I can post some pictures of this "childhood" dream car...
And I'd be happy, if a lot of you could chime in and post your favourite shots of this legend as well.

This picture pretty much founded my relationship to this car. I saw it around 1989 in a car magazine and simply fell in love.

BTW: does anybody remember Test Drive 1? I LOVED that game!!!

Modified by DoktaJoch at 10:55 PM 11-11-2004

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (Frog)

Sweet car. I don't really have any pics to post up or anything, but I too wouldn't mind owning one of these.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (lazydog108)

Quote, originally posted by lazydog108 »
but I too wouldn't mind owning one of these.

Most of us wouldnt

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (Frog)

i used to to play that game all the time. I need to put a 5.25" floppy drive in my laptop...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I remember Test Drive 1 on my old computer, lol, favorite car was the Lotus Esprit.
The Countach without a doubt, is my dream car. Black or bright red with the optional front wing mounted just forward of the headlights. Yep, a big ol'front wing.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (DoktaJoch)

i too fell in love with the countach but now i've moved on to the diablo. i really hate sports cars without wings especally the countach

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome guys. I got 3 huge countach pics on the wall in my office. I look at this thing every day for probably 20 years. The dream went to the side a bit, but now its back. I just looked at my first countach kit car recently. Any body know much about these Fiero conversions with these awesome bodies. But you are right- It's gotta have THE WING!!!!!

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (CRAIG1MACK)

Quote, originally posted by CRAIG1MACK »

That car is dope.. How much did it go for?

It was about 2 years ago. If memory serves, it was about $112,500.00
Looks like I may have another one soon, I have a guy looking for a white 5000S QV, carbureted. I think I found it for him yesterday, still waiting on info on the car.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (TRiAD)

i have been a fan of these cars for years. however, i still have no idea how to properly pronounce the word "countach." can anyone help me out by spelling it phonetically?

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Re: Pronunciation

Depends on where you live.
The real Italians I've heard use it say "****-tash", so I use that one
but in the UK, it's usually "con-tack"...

They even spell it with an S..."Countasch"...even though it's "Countach" on the rearof the car.

Who knows...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Re: First real topic in this forum. Yeah! (CRAIG1MACK)

seriously white is the best color ghini ever put on on the countach. then the dark purple.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts