VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Interesting. That fits my needs almost ideally. Has me thinking hard...

Also, vegan this vegan that :facepalm:
Vegan is what the kids want these days... everything sustainable! No steak in your EV!

Funny addendum: I head from the company after my deposit/reservation. According to their Artificial Intelligence marketing system, the system listed me as a "chronic car enthusiast"

Chronic! My wife might agree.

·
Registered
18,015 Posts
Interesting. That fits my needs almost ideally. Has me thinking hard...

Also, vegan this vegan that :facepalm:
I think the word "vegan" only appears once, in the entire press release.
Is that worth a facepalm emoji?

What's wrong with the use of the word "vegan" anyway?
It's use implies that the seats, steering wheel wrap, dashboard, carpet and upholstery aren't derived from animal skins or hair.
A significant portion of eco-conscious customers (and eaters) avoid animal-based products.
I suppose Fisker could have said "Animal-Free" interiors, but vegan implies the same thing and is one short word.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,002 Posts
whitejeep1989;113928131 Is that worth a facepalm emoji? What's wrong with the use of the word "vegan" anyway? [/QUOTE said:
Because people (companies) are using a dietary lifestyle to market a steering wheel

“My seat is made from fast food materials.”

It’s ridiculous.

Just sat materials created from sustainable materials. Don’t try to get points by using the overtly over the top Vegan community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Still stuck with one vehicle that's nice to look at.

True, and it still looks good after all these years. If Fisker came out that SUV first though, they'd be a company I could easily ignore.

·
Registered
18,015 Posts
Because people (companies) are using a dietary lifestyle to market a steering wheel

“My seat is made from fast food materials.”

It’s ridiculous.

Just sat materials created from sustainable materials. Don’t try to get points by using the overtly over the top Vegan community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Vegetarian" is the dietary lifestyle, but vegetarians can still choose to wear leather or other animal derived products.
"Veganism" is the general philosophy of not using animals for their flesh, skin, eggs, or any other by-products.

Also, why is any of this "over the top"?
Why be mad at people choosing not to consume/wear another living creature?

(I am not vegan or vegetarian, BTW)

·
Registered
18,015 Posts
ditto :thumbup:
How do you feel about buying a car from a "new" manufacturer, or in the case of Fisker, as start-up with a history of failure on its record?
I am not criticizing the company, the car, or your purchase decision.
I just don't think I'd have the courage to make a major purchase from a company that is new. (What if the company goes under? What happens to the resale value/warranty/etc...?)

·
Registered
46,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Vegan is what the kids want these days... everything sustainable! No steak in your EV!

Funny addendum: I head from the company after my deposit/reservation. According to their Artificial Intelligence marketing system, the system listed me as a "chronic car enthusiast"

Chronic! My wife might agree.
Load that sucker up with 100 lbs of Costco steaks!

·
Registered
16,303 Posts
I placed my deposit on a Fisker Ocean, using the new Fisker App. $250 to hold a place in line. Yes, it’s not until 2022, but that’s just around the corner, car-wise.

Fisker is seeking to be something different this time: a”mobility” provider. They are targeting a $379/mo “subscription”, with $2999 down and 30,000 miles a year! Free maintenance and you can turn the car in at any time to cancel the subscription. It’s a wildly different model which should appeal to people who really don’t want to own the car. The App will be the central platform for drivers, offering everything from insurance to delivery and maintenance. IMO, it’s a first step toward an app that could be used for other things like driverless ride sharing, etc.
This all sounds great. Congrats on the deposit, Dave and keep us informed as to how things go. You and me are some of the few on here who are Fisker fans. :thumbup:

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,002 Posts
"Vegetarian" is the dietary lifestyle, but vegetarians can still choose to wear leather or other animal derived products.
"Veganism" is the general philosophy of not using animals for their flesh, skin, eggs, or any other by-products.

Also, why is any of this "over the top"?
Why be mad at people choosing not to consume/wear another living creature?

(I am not vegan or vegetarian, BTW)
Has anyone ever listed their interior as Carnivorous?

Of all of the hundreds of thousands of cars ever produced and marketed with leather interior, has that ever been a tag line?

Why do you have to bring in this movement /title of Vegan into the marking of an automobile??

This is turning into more of a discussion that I wanted, but it proves that people LOVE to talk about being or something is Vegan.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,401 Posts

Of all of the hundreds of thousands of cars ever produced and marketed with leather interior, has that ever been a tag line?

Why do you have to bring in this movement /title of Vegan into the marking of an automobile??

This is turning into more of a discussion that I wanted, but it proves that people LOVE to talk about being or something is Vegan.
This one comes with seats made of leather from whale penis.

https://jalopnik.com/1-5m-russian-suv-features-diamonds-whale-penis-leathe-5380680

·
Registered
12,730 Posts

Consumers have been asking for premium interior materials that don't use animal byproducts for a long time. I don't really see a problem with it to be honest.

·
Registered
CarTruck, Wagon
10,742 Posts
How do you feel about buying a car from a "new" manufacturer, or in the case of Fisker, as start-up with a history of failure on its record?
I am not criticizing the company, the car, or your purchase decision.
I just don't think I'd have the courage to make a major purchase from a company that is new. (What if the company goes under? What happens to the resale value/warranty/etc...?)
based on what they touting for lease terms, willing to entertain it. Wife thinks it is "cute"; so really her call when they are available to check out and test drive; seems like a good way to try an EV for a bit and walk away if she really hates it.

·
10,002 Posts
Consumers have been asking for premium interior materials that don't use animal byproducts for a long time. I don't really see a problem with it to be honest.
I am all for that too, in fact, happy its becoming a thing.

But dont label it as "vegan"

Label it as sustainable, animal friendly, whatever.

For the same reason we dont label leather as Carnivorous.

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
I am all for that too, in fact, happy its becoming a thing.

But dont label it as "vegan"

Label it as sustainable, animal friendly, whatever.

For the same reason we dont label leather as Carnivorous.
Sustainable doesn't mean animal by-product free, animal friendly suggests that it still has to do with animals. Carnivorous describes eating an animal/animal byproduct, whereas vegan describes a philosophy that extends past actually eating something that came from an animal.

·
10,002 Posts
Sustainable doesn't mean animal by-product free, animal friendly suggests that it still has to do with animals. Carnivorous describes eating an animal/animal byproduct, whereas vegan describes a philosophy that extends past actually eating something that came from an animal.
Fair enough.

I am done :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 261 Posts