VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 257 Posts

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,077 Posts
YOU are the only one unhappy about the word vegan. Why should the rest of the English speaking world stop using that word?
And again, in the Fisker press release, the word only appears once. We've used it much more in this thread.

VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN
:laugh:
By leaving vegan out of it, the car will appeal to more people. Their goal is selling cars, make them as friendly to ALL people as you possibly can.

How do vegans feel about oil? It comes from dead dinosaurs, and those were animals.

So quite frankly I think anyone with rubber tires on their car who shouts "vegan this vegan that" is full of sh*t.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,734 Posts
YOU are the only one unhappy about the word vegan. Why should the rest of the English speaking world stop using that word?
And again, in the Fisker press release, the word only appears once. We've used it much more in this thread.

VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN
:laugh:
In the context of an automobile, it is a pretty silly word choice.

MEAT MEAT MEAT

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
I much prefer a good cloth over. leather...however, that's hard to come by these days.

If the animal is already being eaten for its tasty beef, why not use the hide? Seems like it would be pretty wasteful to not use all of the animal.
I don't disagree, but the option for "animal-free" should exist for people whose religion or lifestyle is opposed to consuming animals (or cows, specifically).

It has always seemed odd to me that a rapidly depreciating Ford Taurus would be lined with the skins of a formerly living being(s).
That just feels upside down on the Karma index.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
By leaving vegan out of it, the car will appeal to more people. Their goal is selling cars, make them as friendly to ALL people as you possibly can.

How do vegans feel about oil? It comes from dead dinosaurs, and those were animals.

So quite frankly I think anyone with rubber tires on their car who shouts "vegan this vegan that" is full of sh*t.
Oil is mostly plant matter, but even if it contains dinosaur juice, those animals died naturally and weren't killed for their skin or meat.

·
18,077 Posts
Oil is mostly plant matter, but even if it contains dinosaur juice, those animals died naturally and weren't killed for their skin or meat.
Not even a single one?

:laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,943 Posts
So by calling it something other than Vegan, they will not buy it??

Again, call it animal friendly, and everyone is happy. Whats the big deal about that?
I have yet to see a rational reason for not using "vegan" posted by anyone here.

You think it's dumb? That's not rational.

There are plenty of people, like my wife, that appreciate the companies go to the effort of specifically saying they are vegan because there is no ambiguity.

·
Registered
20,597 Posts
So by calling it something other than Vegan, they will not buy it??

Again, call it animal friendly, and everyone is happy. Whats the big deal about that?
You're the one policing the word choice. I really think others don't care that much...

Calling it vegan gets the point across.

Don't you bring Subaru's into this.

Hey, watch your labeling! A CrossFit is clearly a Honda and is entitled to be addressed as such,

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Any chance we can drop the semantics on a single word and discuss the car, the strategy, etc. ? It’s actually pretty groundbreaking stuff.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts
Any chance we can drop the semantics on a single word and discuss the car, the strategy, etc. ? It’s actually pretty groundbreaking stuff.
I tried.
Fair enough.

I am done :thumbup:
Sorry for hijacking. I got sucked back in....

I will see my self out... although this car really does pique my interest... *shrug*

·
18,077 Posts
There are plenty of people, like my wife, that appreciate the companies go to the effort of specifically saying they are vegan because there is no ambiguity.
Her car has leather seats, correct?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
My bad. Truthfully it will be hard for me to get excited about this car until it is shown. I've become jaded by companies promising a lot and not delivering.

·
18,077 Posts
The range is important to me. A sub $40,000 EV that can go 300 miles would absolutely competitive enough for me to think about ditching gasoline for my wife's daily driver.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
I agree about the contract / financing. That's a game changer for any car segment..

Here's my question: what do you think are the dimensions on this vehicle? The original article or anything stated in this thread doesn't say anything...is this Pilot sized, CRV sized? Any educated guesses?

(Edit: I'm guessing using the term SUV pushes it to a larger than CUV sized vehicle, but the pics make it look "small"?)

61 - 80 of 257 Posts