VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 100 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Erik's wife? Nah, she won't be driving a little hatchback again.
I agree about the contract / financing. That's a game changer for any car segment..

Here's my question: what do you think are the dimensions on this vehicle? The original article or anything stated in this thread doesn't say anything...is this Pilot sized, CRV sized? Any educated guesses?
It seems if one wants range AND low price, it’s not going to be Range Rover sized. Think crossover.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,077 Posts
It seems if one wants range and low price, it’s not going to be Range Rover sized.
Something like the Mach-E would be perfect for her.

Well, maybe not now. It's going to be difficult to get her out of Audi's.

I'll just wait for VW to make an electric Atlas.

·
Registered
80 MK1 TDI, BoltEV, G8GXP
7,371 Posts
I agree about the contract / financing. That's a game changer for any car segment..

Here's my question: what do you think are the dimensions on this vehicle? The original article or anything stated in this thread doesn't say anything...is this Pilot sized, CRV sized? Any educated guesses?

(Edit: I'm guessing using the term SUV pushes it to a larger than CUV sized vehicle, but the pics make it look "small"?)
It seems if one wants range AND low price, it’s not going to be Range Rover sized. Think crossover.
I would assume this will be the size of the Discovery Sport or RR Evoque

·
Millennial
German crap
23,734 Posts
I would be interested in that upcoming 'wagon' that they are coming out with, so long as it's not still called Space Vizzzion at production :laugh::banghead:

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,077 Posts
I would be interested in that upcoming 'wagon' that they are coming out with, so long as it's not still called Space Vizzzion at production :laugh::banghead:
You know what rhymes with Vizzzion?

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
I had a short tweet thread with Henrik Fisker a few months ago. When he asked how much people would be willing to pay for a new electric SUV and I said $350 a month it looks like he listened. $380 is close enough

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,597 Posts
I had a short tweet thread with Henrik Fisker a few months ago. When he asked how much people would be willing to pay for a new electric SUV and I said $350 a month it looks like he listened. $380 is close enough

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I spend upwards of $200/mo in gas so that sounds fair to me.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I spend upwards of $200/mo in gas so that sounds fair to me.
Well, you still have to pay for your electricity. But assuming your $200 a month is roughly 60 gallons, and you get 20 MPG, you are driving maybe 1200 miles a month. If the Ocean gives you 270 miles on an 80kwh battery (assumption), then you'd have to "fill" that 80 kwh battery 4.44 times during the month. 80 kwh x $0.11/kwh (avg in OH) x 4.44 times a month means you'd spend $39.11 on electricity compared to your $200 on gasoline. You save $160 a month. And no maintenance. Bazinga!

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts
Well, you still have to pay for your electricity. But assuming your $200 a month is roughly 60 gallons, and you get 20 MPG, you are driving maybe 1200 miles a month. If the Ocean gives you 270 miles on an 80kwh battery (assumption), then you'd have to "fill" that 80 kwh battery 4.44 times during teh month. 80 kwh x $0.11/kwh (avg in OH) x 4.44 times a month means you'd spend $39.11 on electricity compared to your $200 on gasoline. You save $160 a month. And no maintenance. Bazinga!
This would be even better for me since I would just charge at work....

I would have leased an Etron if it wasnt so ungodly expensive. But even if this is 550-600 a month, it makes a lot of sense :peace:

·
9,902 Posts

·
Registered
'16 Fusion Hybrid, '67 Datsun Roadster
19,098 Posts
Okay, I'm in.

Timing will fit nicely with when my current daily is about to retire. And all I have to lose right now is $25. A little nervous, the idea of driving an EV. I suppose there has to be a charging station somewhere on I-95 when I make trips north.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,734 Posts
Okay, I'm in.

Timing will fit nicely with when my current daily is about to retire. And all I have to lose right now is $25. A little nervous, the idea of driving an EV. I suppose there has to be a charging station somewhere on I-95 when I make trips north.
Wawas on 95 are getting Tesla charging stations, so I don't think that will be an issue.

·
Registered
'16 Fusion Hybrid, '67 Datsun Roadster
19,098 Posts
I was looking at plugshare, but I'm guessing it most likely will be a J-1772 plug. But can a car other than a Tesla use a Tesla charger? I was assuming its unique only to Tesla.

·
Registered
20,597 Posts
Well, you still have to pay for your electricity. But assuming your $200 a month is roughly 60 gallons, and you get 20 MPG, you are driving maybe 1200 miles a month. If the Ocean gives you 270 miles on an 80kwh battery (assumption), then you'd have to "fill" that 80 kwh battery 4.44 times during the month. 80 kwh x $0.11/kwh (avg in OH) x 4.44 times a month means you'd spend $39.11 on electricity compared to your $200 on gasoline. You save $160 a month. And no maintenance. Bazinga!
Good math! It's even better for me as my overnight charging rate after delivery and tax is ~7.5cents per kWh. I'd be under $30/mo in electricity.

People need to realize how much of a new EV's payment can be covered off by fuel savings vs. what they're driving now. Plus you get to drive the new car. I think it's worth bringing up in every EV discussion.

81 - 100 of 257 Posts