VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen where someone trimmed the DBW brake/gas cluster, but has anyone used just the gas pedal? If so, how did you mount it?
Thanks,
Rey

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Re: fitting a DBW gas / throttle pedal into a MK2 (elRey)

i get the mk4 gas and brake cluster, the drill the spot welds off the throttle bracket. once its off you can cut the pedal mounts off the mk2 cluster you want to attach the dbw bracket. it lines itself up literally. a few tack welds and some black spray bomb your done. this way the pedal sits the same as stock.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Re: fitting a DBW gas / throttle pedal into a MK2 (elRey)

Yes you can just do the throttle peddle... from my swap page:
I worked a little this morning on the DBW issue. Here are a few photos to show the differences between the pedal angles and pivot point areas.
First, this is how the original one it sits in the Corrado. Notice how it is to the right of the pivot point:

Next, here they are side by side (from the side). I have put the pivot of both at the same location:

Here is a view from the front, with the pivot points overlapped:

I intend to cut off the right side part of the bracket where the pivot point is for the original pedal. Then I will see what the offset needs to be for the three mounting holes. I will need to obtain or create a mounting bracket for the new DBW pedal after that.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Re: fitting a DBW gas / throttle pedal into a MK2 (hallkbrd)

my mk5 pedal bolts to the floor where the old pedal stop used to be 5 min install

·
Banned
9,028 Posts
Re: fitting a DBW gas / throttle pedal into a MK2 (kevinmacd)

Quote, originally posted by kevinmacd »
my mk5 pedal bolts to the floor where the old pedal stop used to be 5 min install

thats dope very good to know knowledge is power!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
from the dead

Looking for some pics, DIY, whatever anyone has found in the last 3 years. I read the above thread and got some ideas. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This is easy, here you have some DBW gas pedals

At the back of the pedal you can find 3 holes (7mm diameter), that's how it bolts to the MK4 chassis. You can not bolt it directly to the MK1/2/3 chassis/firewall because it will be to much to the front and because of the floor shape it won't be moving.
All you have to do is to make a bracket (2mm thick steel) with either 3 holes or 3 6mm thread studs and weld it to the MK1/MK2/MK3 chassis. Before welding anything check the pedal height to make sure it moves in full range and line it up with clutch & brake pedal.

It is only theory but I hope is helps.

One more thing. SWAPing 1.8T or other petrol engine from one MK4 chassis into another MK4 chassis does not require replacing the gas pedal. Tested it on 1.4 & 1.6 MK4 - it works.
You have to replace the pedal if you SWAP TDI into petrol chassis or the other way.

MK5/MK6 pedal is different than MK4 because it looks like this:

but on some cars like Touareg, Q7 etc. you will find MK4 style pedal.
Anyway if you have the pedal which bolts to the floor you don't have to do any kind of bracket.
Simply bolt it to the MK1/2/3 floor :laugh: Drilling is easy. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Because I just fit MK6 pedal into Corrado

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
20VT do you have the mk4 pedal bolted back to the corrado cluster??? how did you make that work??

i'll have to start pull my corrado pedal assembly and get working on this

·
Registered
861 Posts
20VT do you have the mk4 pedal bolted back to the corrado cluster??? how did you make that work??

i'll have to start pull my corrado pedal assembly and get working on this
Bent the tabs that held the cable pedal in and welded the bracket to the pedal cluster.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
got my bracket from fabless, great looking product.

one question, is there a difference between the auto and manual mk4 gas pedals?

my pedal has the two top holes and the bottom one is split in the middle, kinda like a triangle

where as the adapter has the two top lugs and one directly down in line with the left lug

do i have an auto gas pedal?

·
Registered
330 Posts
both auto and manual gas pedal will work. Manual comes straight down. auto has a bend but comes down in the same spot.
8:30 in the video

1 - 17 of 17 Posts