VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Five Spokes for 65 what brand??

441 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  late_apex 
#1 ·
I am planing on getting some of those empi five spokes for my bug. I just want to know if I should just get the five spokes by Empi or save money on some other five spokes like American Eagle. What is their overall quality??

#3 ·
Re: Five Spokes for 65 what brand?? (2035cc16v)

Make sure you get the American Eagle 5-spokes. STAY AWAY from the Rocket 5-spokes, only Rocket caps will fit, and they are the stupid black plastic. Plus the holes are never centered for the lugs and they don't have the retainer for the lug washers. The quality is much worse on the Rockets, plus the polished ones look foggy. I would suggest croming AE's but I'm one for "glass slippers" instead of the "ruby slippers". I'm just a wh0re about that. You can tell teh wheels by the center cap and the lug holes. The AE's will have small retainers around the holes for lug washers. There are also problems with the Rockets, cracking as they get older. Just trying to help you where I had to learn the hard way, run the AE's you will be much happier...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.