VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had the caddy towed to the shop to get fixed, a bunch of my glow plugs went bad so i went ahead and had them replace all 4 and replace the relay. came out to $126.00 no big deal. It runs now, thats a start. But my heat doesn't work still... It will blow heat through the defrost and i can adjust the temperature but i cannot control the blower speed. What steps would i take to start fixing this, i did a search and couldn't find anything. And would my ignition sensor have anything to do with this? its going bad and i have a new one sitting in the car waiting for installation.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Re: Fixin the Caddy (Legacy)

does it have ac? and have you checked the fuses? i know that the resistor thing goes out sometimes on the fan but i dont know if it will stop working... and i know that my vents are stuck on defrosters but its because i got a vacume leak somewhere and am too lazy to find it.. but that would only apply to a/c models because they use vaccume accuated controlls and the non a/c use straight cables... also the valve can be broke in the engine bay too and can stop the heat from flowing..
the ignition switch could have something to do with the fan not working.... but i would think that only if some of your other stuff doesnt work as well, like wipers and stereo ect.

Modified by MiCrO at 1:17 AM 2-15-2004

1 - 2 of 2 Posts