VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I live in an apartment complex with a big parking lot and it seems someone has sprayed some acidic liquid on my beautiful CC and it has eaten through the clear coat and left permanent micro-cracks in the paint. I washed the car best I could but it isn’t dirt or grime, it’s definitely damaged. I only have liability insurance so it’s either the body shop out of pocket or myself. I have paint which are exact matching spray cans but would I need to sand and prime each whole door OR can I just sand and spray the spots that are damaged? They got it on both driver side doors and it’s very noticeable especially in sunlight. Thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Take it to a bodyshop and have them try wetsanding and buffing it. Worse case scenario they burn through the paint, but that just means that the damage was really deep; there’s nothing to lose.

If you’re gonna paint it, you’ll need to disassemble the door (handle, belt moulding, et cetera) so you can sand and paint all the way to the edges. Otherwise it will peel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I live in an apartment complex with a big parking lot and it seems someone has sprayed some acidic liquid on my beautiful CC and it has eaten through the clear coat and left permanent micro-cracks in the paint. I washed the car best I could but it isn’t dirt or grime, it’s definitely damaged. I only have liability insurance so it’s either the body shop out of pocket or myself. I have paint which are exact matching spray cans but would I need to sand and prime each whole door OR can I just sand and spray the spots that are damaged? They got it on both driver side doors and it’s very noticeable especially in sunlight. Thank you. View attachment 59261 View attachment 59262 View attachment 59264 View attachment 59265
Hi all,

I live in an apartment complex with a big parking lot and it seems someone has sprayed some acidic liquid on my beautiful CC and it has eaten through the clear coat and left permanent micro-cracks in the paint. I washed the car best I could but it isn’t dirt or grime, it’s definitely damaged. I only have liability insurance so it’s either the body shop out of pocket or myself. I have paint which are exact matching spray cans but would I need to sand and prime each whole door OR can I just sand and spray the spots that are damaged? They got it on both driver side doors and it’s very noticeable especially
Hi all,

I live in an apartment complex with a big parking lot and it seems someone has sprayed some acidic liquid on my beautiful CC and it has eaten through the clear coat and left permanent micro-cracks in the paint. I washed the car best I could but it isn’t dirt or grime, it’s definitely damaged. I only have liability insurance so it’s either the body shop out of pocket or myself. I have paint which are exact matching spray cans but would I need to sand and prime each whole door OR can I just sand and spray the spots that are damaged? They got it on both driver side doors and it’s very noticeable especially in sunlight. Thank you. View attachment 59261 View attachment 59262 View attachment 59264 View attachment 59265
why not try to claybar that area but b careful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts