VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291529

"i had an acetylene bottle in my truck, the valve was bumped so slightly and over night the truck filled with the gas. i noticed the smell, and opened the doors to air out the truck. i drove the truck out of the garage to get some more air movement. i went to roll the pass side window down and as soon as i touched the power windows. BAM. with me in the truck. i lost all hearing out of my right ear and got a scratch on the back of my head. all things considering, im alive."

·
Registered
44,818 Posts
Mother of God. Acetylene is some freaky ****, am I right?

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
How is he alive? It ripped every panel on the OUTSIDE off. Imagine the air pressure that was created to do that.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
i'm guessing that the passenger compartment was mostly 'aired out' but there was still a bunch of gas trapped in the panels and doors...dude is very lucky.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Maybe I have been watching too much Mythbusters, but this is seriously worth watching the science behind. Amazing the guy is alive!!

·
Registered
22,291 Posts
Other pics:

I don't understand how it has enough force to do the damage it did with as much pressure as there was and it only scratched his head and damaged his hearing in one ear????

1 - 20 of 63 Posts