VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
29,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a Sale on FK AK Streetline Coilovers. Just click the link to place your order!!

FK Golf/Jetta II coilovers

Retail: $699.99
$550 SHIPPED within the continental United States
CLICK HERE TO ORDER!!!

These new Street line coilovers feature great performance for the dollar, with non-adjustable twin tube shocks for a firm but comfortable ride, and vehicle-specific spring rates for proper control.

· Registered
29,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some photos that were posted up in my sale in the MK2 forums.

Found a nice ones from cruise we had here.

I just put these on, no complaints. Below pics are during the install and before alignment (thus the odd camber that you see, I'd also put on new tie rods, control arms, ball joints etc). They go pretty low, I've actually raised it up a bit since these photos.

Before:

During:

after:
i run them on my gli, love the ride quality :thumbup::thumbup:

· Registered
29,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Intrested but 2 questions my 91 gti has a vr in it would u be able to do spring rates for that and also does it come with top cap and such
FK actually uses the same coilover for the mk2/3 2.0 and VR6, so these will work just fine for you. By top cap are you talking about the strut mount and bearing? That is not included with these but on the website there is an option to add them.

· Registered
29,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so do i buy the mk3 vr strut bearings or the mk3 2.0 ones or are u saying that they are the same?? thanks def gonna buy the coils but looks like im gonna miss the sale.......how low do they go??
These coils will work with both the vr mounts/bearings and the 2.0 ones, though the mount/bearing setups are certainly different. If you are currently running 2.0 bearings and wish to upgrade to the VR bearings, there are a couple other items you would need in addition to just the mounts/bearings.

· Registered
29,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so I want the coils could u send an email to me for everything extra I would also have to get to make them work in my mk2 vr swap

[email protected]

thanks
I'll get the part information together and send you an e-mail :beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.