VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tried putting my badgeless grille on but it seems that i gotta cut a piece of plastic off for it to sit flush....
its the part of the grille that is next to the hole for the hood latch to come out of...
it seems like it shouldnt be there and now it wont sit properly unless i gut that part of....
has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: FK Badgeless Users.....Did You MODIFY Grille to Install?!?!?! (sexymk4)

mine doesn't sit flush either, but once u have it on there it looks fine, don't cut it all the way off or it will fall off when driving.

·
Registered
757 Posts

I had one for my jetta, and yes, i had to cut a little pieice of it off in the top left corner (when your looking at it.)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FK Badgeless Users.....Did You MODIFY Grille to Install?!?!?! (onelowgli)

also, do u take the screws out where the hood latch is and then put them back in through the grille or do i gotta drill holes at each end of the grille?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: (sexymk4)

on the jetta you have to trim/dremel off a bit of plastic here and there to make it fit properly....once you have it in position, it's pretty clear how much and where it needs to be trimmed...as for screws???? the grille just snaps into place on the top tabs...of course if you are talking about a golf then i have no idea.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Re: (Mr. VR-6)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. VR-6 »
Yeah i had to notch mine in the middle a little bit

used a dremil tool then a file to math it smooth

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Re: (sexymk4)

Quote, originally posted by sexymk4 »
what parts did u have to cut to make it sit right?

look at your stock grill and FK grill side by side and see where it doesn't have the same shape. i had to cut off a piece of plastic about 1x.75" somewhere in the top of the grill (a part that's not visible when the hood is closed) because it wouldn't fit.
try putting it on and see where some plastic doesn't let you get the grill on all the way. it's harder for us to describe exactly where you have to cut.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Mine snapped right into place with no modification.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Re: FK Badgeless Users.....Did You MODIFY Grille to Install?!?!?! (Mark4VR6)

i modified mine... i sold it.
the bottom filler piece sucked.... i didn't even attempt the hood one.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts