VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully will be installing this kit this coming sunday depending if i feel confident enough, but my questions is what do i do with the bumpstops, i know in some kits you trim them others they encourage you to buy a bumpstop kit with new hardware. Can anyone fill me in on the deal? any help will be greatly appreaciated

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Re: FK HiTek 35/40mm kit, what to do with bumpstops? (CuseTownGTi)

I had my bumpstops trimmed (both front and back) when my FK kit was put in, no problems with the ride http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
707 Posts

Is a spring compressor needed to install this kit?

·
Registered
707 Posts

CuseTownGTi,
How did the install go? How is the ride with the new High Tec kit? I already have H&R sports on stock struts/shocks so I figured a spring compressor isn't necessary to disassemble my current set up. Is a spring compressor necessary to assemble the FK kit?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FK HiTek 35/40mm kit, what to do with bumpstops? (03GTI-Vr6)

install is going to happen tomorrow, i believed a spring compressor was necessary but some people are telling me itt might not be i won't know for sure untill the kid that is helping me comes down as i know little about suspension...also does anyone know how much of the bumpstops to cut?

·
Registered
442 Posts

not sure how much to cut your bumpstops (i would do a search here) but if you don't cut them the car won't drop very much at all. here is a pics of my fk 35/40mm...not rubbing, bumping, touching, etc. great kit, you'll really like it.
here is my vr6:

·
Registered
707 Posts

I installed my FK kit on Saturday. The ride is pretty amazing compared to stock and what I was rolling on before. A spring compressor was needed to disassemble and reassemble both stock struts/H&R springs and FK kit. Funny thing is, I was able to retain the 10mm aluminum spacer on the front struts and there was no need to cut my bump stops. From all the research on the vortex, a lot of people say not to reuse the aluminum spacer and to cut this and that...

The Front is a still a little lower and not quite an even drop but in all, its a nice kit. I like it a-lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts