VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Jetta that I plan to autocross theis year, it is also my daily driver. I was planning on buying FK konigsport coilovers but a fellow vw owner said that FK are cheeply made and I would be a lot happier if I went with Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. are they worth the extra coin, do they ride harsh. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
well- ill tell you soon
have PSS9's on the way to me
id go that route if I were you
they are more for handling and somewhat looks> well; still look fine but not as low as the fk's
if your after looks,low.and some handling
FK
handling,and some good looks
bilstein
they are both quality parts
but im am a big fan of bilsteins
FK>show
bilstein>show>and>go
imho

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: FK vs Bilstein (mhawkins)

Definetally Bilstein's..... FK has no where near as much experience as does Bilstein... Look into H&R as well if your options are still open... I am choosing between these two systems:
- Bilstein PSS9 Coilover
- H&R PCS Coilover
... both with dampening and ride height adjustability. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
329 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mhawkins »
I have a 2001 Jetta that I plan to autocross theis year, it is also my daily driver. I was planning on buying FK konigsport coilovers but a fellow vw owner said that FK are cheeply made and I would be a lot happier if I went with Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. are they worth the extra coin, do they ride harsh. What are your thoughts?
]
is this who I think it is? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
876 Posts

i have bilstein pss on my 97 jetta gt. i whould highly recommend going with bilstein pss or pss9. they are stiff but not harsh at all. they ride quite smooth with really no 'honda bounce'. but when hitting a corner hard they perform very well. mynext car that wont be a daily driver will defenitly have pss9's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts