VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flashing CEL misfire???? Vag codes help

Hello all, i have a slight problem. I have a 99 A4 1.8tq. Im having a problem with the flashing CEL and misfires. I know coil packs go bad on these, but its a little weird. Only cylinder #2 misfires, even if i switch the packs between the cylinders, only, #2 misfires. Also it does it randomly, one day ill start it up and it runs fine all day, the next itll fire up and start missing right away, ill go back an hour later and it starts up fine no misfires. Spark plugs were changed last year. Also i had this problem before again on #2 and changed that coil pack. Any ideas? Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i got my car scaned with a vag com, these are the codes i got, anyone have a manual they can look them up in? i appreciate it!!!

P1612 Engine control module incorectly coded
P0300 Random/multipe cyl misfire
P0302 Cyl 2 misfire

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Yeah, it comes as one whole loom. Make sure it is that before you tear it apart. you can also try this. Get a water bottle and at night when it is dark mist around the coils and to see if you see any arcing.

Move your coils around and see if that miss fire changes cyl's.

Have you gotten the mail from VW that tells you they are replacing your coils yet? If not give your dealer a call. VW has been sending out information and doing a certain number of cars at a time. I finally got my second letter for me to get mine replaced.

Now, if you replace your coils before you go keep your paper work and receipts. Supposedly VW is refunding anyones money if they bought coils prior to going and getting the coils replaced by them. You have to prove how much you spent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.