VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My January '07 EOS is currently with the dealer having suffered a flat battery four times in seven months.
Most recently I went to start the car for a 30 mile trip to London (to see AvenueQ) and it would not start. A thirty minute battery charge proved enough to get it going. After a stay in London of about four hours the car started and got us home.
I then used the car to visit friends no more than a mile away and all was well for both journeys on Sunday. The car stood unused for two days - the boot was unlocked using the remote probably three times during that time.
I booked the car to be checked at the dealer for Thursday of last week and, on going to start it, I found the battery to be completely flat again! This time it took a three hour charge to get me the car going.
The dealer removed the battery and gave it a complete charge overnight then checked the car for 'spikes' - whatever they are!? None were found. This was reported to me on Friday afternoon. The dealer asked to keep the car until Monday to see if it will start on their forecourt. I await their call tomorrow.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any clues as to what it might be? I am confident that I have not left anything on!
Thanks in anticipation, Steve.

· Registered
2,097 Posts
Re: Flat battery (Steve_UK)

My 2007 3.2 has been dead twice in 18 mths. In both cases the booster battery that I keep around for the 94 Cabby was all that was needed to jump her, and in both cases even after the 5mile journey to work no futher problems..

· Registered
279 Posts

I've had the same problem. Last summer I was on vacation for 3 weeks and when i got back home the car was completely dead. Got it jump started and drove it for about 9 miles and it was fine.
This January again I was gone for 7 days and the car was dead again. Had to call AAA since we couldn't get it jump started on our own. Then 2 days later the same thing. This time I had it towed to the dealer to fix it.
Turned out that it was a two part problem. First the batteries ( I have the 2 6 volt) were somehow faulty and also were 2 replacements they ordered. Then the battery starter/ wiring harness was also replaced.
No problems since....( knock on wood)

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Small5)

The dealer says all checks were made and a replacement battery seems to have done the job. We shall see! The car is going to be standing in a carpark in Southampton docks for the next two weeks. Will it start on our return?
Avenue Q was very enjoyable - an adult version of Sesame Street, although we understand from a friend who has seen it both in New York and London the British show has been toned down a little as compared to the American version!
Steve.

· Registered
18 Posts
Re: (Steve_UK)

In the UK (for the EU NAV System - MFD DVD), there is a software update as stated above...
In the UK, it is SW30 (USA = SW50)...
Dealer should have the CD and the upgrade takes just under an hour... Very worthwhile doing anyway...
I now run SW30 on both my Golf+ and my EOS...
S

· Registered
36 Posts

I am having the same issues. The dealer needed my car for over a week to simply swap out the battery. They told me that neither the dealer nor VW stocked them and that they were drop shipped from the manufacturer. Additionally, the dealer told me that his cost was US$463!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.