VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that as soon as someone lists a product in the classifieds that someone thinks is 'ricey' or 'played', people go in and torch the poor guy's ad untill either no one wants to buy it, or the thread gets closed due to flaming? What are the rules for the classifieds and what should be done by the sellers when their ad gets negative opinions? It really drives away potential buyers when "JoeBlowSchmoe" posts that the part will ruin the buyer's image on the Vortex, and make their car worthless. please help.

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Re: Flooding classfieds with personal opinions? Must stop! (DustinBrantner)

People are entilted to their opinions, it's when they post them in an offensive way when we get involved. Like you did, you had a problem with someone doing that to your thread, so I removed the posts.
It's that simple...
- Anthony

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Re: Flooding classfieds with personal opinions? Must stop! (DustinBrantner)

I agree with DustinBrantner....people need to stop flooding threads with useless crap. I mean, its ok
i guess, with the regular threads but the classifieds stuff should not be ruined by someone's opinion.
You can't go in the newspaper and overlay something like "don't buy this guys car, its horrible!" on top of someone ad...why should it be allowed here on the tex

There is actually a term for this and I can't remember it. If some critic goes into a restaurant and rates this owners food as horrible, tasted like dry poopy sand...you know what would happen to that critic....they would get sued for potentially ruining the rastaurant owner's busniess.
Ok, i am done now...sorry for straining the eye. Just felt like gettin that out

·
Banned
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Flooding classfieds with personal opinions? Must stop! (adg44)

quote:[HR][/HR]People are entilted to their opinions, it's when they post them in an offensive way when we get involved. Like you did, you had a problem with someone doing that to your thread, so I removed the posts.
It's that simple...
- Anthony[HR][/HR]​
Thanks Anthony. Thanks for the reply and thanks for cleaning up my classified. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts