VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Middle-aged man sedan
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to an exciting thread about an exciting thing for an exciting car.

I just picked up a '22 Accord hybrid, and since I have kids, I'd like all-weather floor mats. I used some generic cut-to-size Weathertechs in the Infiniti, but I'd like something nicer this time. The Honda option looks OK, I've read that Weathertech is sort of crap, and it seems that Tuxmats are decent. The price difference between all three isn't that great. Any experiences with Tuxmat?

No, I'm not sure why I'm making a thread about floor mats, but here we are.

Automotive design Grey Automotive tire Vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Are Huskyliners available for your application? They seem to be a popular alternative to Weathertech in some circles.

Reactions: DonL

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
717 Posts
I have Huskyliners in the Focus and had Weathertech in the Alfa. The fitment with the Weathertechs in the Alfa wasn't great but that's specific to the Alfa floor mat design. The quality on both is good but the Weathertechs are harder plastic as compared to the Huskyliners more "rubbery" feeling.

I feel like either of those choices would work fine in your Accord.

I've never used Tuxmats so can't speak to them.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
8,759 Posts
I've had multiple sets of WeatherTech mats. Some were just ok, others were amazing. It was vehicle dependent. That said, I would buy another set without question.

I've seen the TuxMats for my car and they look weird to me so I'm not sure its my aesthetic. They definitely offer a ton of coverage but it just feels a little too farm use for me. If I lived in a super snowy climate maybe for the winter only.

TuxMats in the same model of my car:
Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Motor vehicle

Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Wood Tire Tread Gas

·
Registered
31,223 Posts
Weathertech in all my vehicles (and cargo bed of the GX), no complaints at all.

·
Registered
M3, CX-5, Tahoe, motorcycles
3,172 Posts
We bought a Smartliner kit for our CX-5 and I've been happy. they fit really well, and have been insanely easy to clean. For the price, I'm really impressed and will buy them again.

Edit: I should add that we live in a very snow region, so we don't care about them being soft touch; instead, we're all about utility as the salt, snow, and mud destroy everything.

Here are ones for an Accord.

Light Product Rectangle Black Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I have weathertechs in my celica. They're the cut to fit ones and they don't fill out the foot well completely (not wide enough) and thus leave a lot of dirt on the actual carpet. They're still probably one of the best options though. I'd get the fitted weathertechs personally.. I had the Honda all weather mats in my 2011 civic Si and they didn't really do much in terms of collecting water, just heavy duty rubber. The weathertechs do a good job collecting water so long as its within the footprint of the mat. And they don't stank like the awful motortrend and other generic crap mats. The Honda mats didn't stank either.

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,625 Posts
We bought a Smartliner kit for our CX-5 and I've been happy. they fit really well, and have been insanely easy to clean. For the price, I'm really impressed and will buy them again.

Edit: I should add that we live in a very snow region, so we don't care about them being soft touch; instead, we're all about utility as the salt, snow, and mud destroy everything.

Here are ones for an Accord.

View attachment 185444
I bought the same WT kit for our Hyundai Tucson a bunch of years ago. They work great for us.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Civic, Civic Si, MK4 TDI, NA Miata
3,061 Posts
I've had weathertechs in my Civic for almost 8 years now and they fit well and have held up great. Last I checked husky liners are quite a bit cheaper but the last set I had didn't fit quite as well in the car they were in.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I would have bought Tuxmat mats for my Golf R but they along with the rival brand were out of stock so I bought a similar design straight from China via ebay. I actually bought them for my Alltrack, but when I traded that accursed car for my Golf R they transfered straight over.

The good:
- perfect coverage, after a winter from hell the carpet underneith is perfectly clean. Zero gravel. Zero salt. Zero moisture, thus no smells

The bad:
- the direct from China ones outgassed nasty smells for quite a while
- bulky so the clutch pedal presses into the mat, they have worn in now so it's not an issue
- ugly, I hate the look of them, but I hate winter gunk more so in they go in the winter. Spring, summer, fall I use factory carpet mats and get friendly with my vaccume

So for me yes on the Tuxmats, but only for nasty conditions.

·
Just Going with the FLO.
3,883 Posts
The only WT's I have had dissapointment in is for my GTI. They only cover about 1/2 of the dead pedal other than that they are good. I would get them again. Just know they are Function > Form. they do a great job of protecting the interior but are kinda hard plastic. I have had WT's in all of my cars for a while......when selling the cars I will put the OEM mats back in and sell the WT's for decent money. Sometimes you can get WT's on amazon at a bit less than through the factory

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had weathertech in my old 4runner for about 10 years without any issues. The drivers mat was pretty worn down when I sold it, but the others including the truck liner were in decent shape. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
For my VW and Miata, I use the manufacturer's winter mats.

For my Ghost, I got Lloyd's NorthRidge mats for the four seating positions and the trunk. They've been great (though the car is never out in lousy weather.)

Here's where I got them.
CarID.com, Lloyd's NorthRidge mats

1 - 20 of 40 Posts