VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://nypost.com/2020/09/30/flori...orist-through-windshield-after-dispute-video/

He was fast and furious!

A Florida driver posted wild dashcam footage of himself firing a gun at another motorist through his windshield — after the men got into a fight while zooming down a busy highway.

Marco Mazzetta insisted he opened fire in self-defense on Highway 417 near Orlando on Sept. 23 after the other driver cocked a pistol and pointed it at him, according to WESH TV.

“I’m not a fan of guns; I’m a fan of not getting shot. I know this video doesn’t capture my smartest moments but I hope any idiot criminal with a gun watching thinks twice before loading, brandishing and aiming their firearm at someone over a traffic infraction,” said Mazzetta, who posted the video on YouTube.

The in-car footage shows the other motorist driving aggressively close to Mazzetta, prompting him to hit his brakes. The motorist then tapped the back of Mazzetta’s car, sped up — and pointed a pistol at him, Mazzetta said.

Out of fear of being shot, Mazzetta said, he then fired several rounds out the window of his ride in the other driver’s direction.

The Florida Highway Patrol warned of the dangers of fighting with other drivers on the road.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
So... Nothing illegal about that whole interaction at all?
It was an interesting interaction. All I can say is, I have a CCW and I would have played that a lot differently. I would have tried to get away/escape/inform authorities much harder than this guy. I don't know if he particularly did anything super illegal re: the shoot, but it definitely isn't how I would have handled it.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Ok.. so someone cocks a gun and points it at you and guns it away from your vehicle. Time to pull out the handgun and unload?
Well, maybe you get some satisfaction out of putting lead into their license plate. Of course, now you are out 400 bucks for a new windshield.

Worth it?

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
33,312 Posts
At least it was a gun and not a cellphone.

·
Registered
45,343 Posts
Chasing the guy at over 90 mph and shooting through your own windshield at that speed. He needs to be arrested and have his license and gun permit revoked. :screwy:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Chasing the guy at over 90 mph and shooting through your own windshield at that speed. He needs to be arrested and have his license and gun permit revoked. :screwy:
I wonder what he thought he was going to hit. Take out the driver and cause the car to do a barrel roll... maybe do an end over end? What's the game plan here, Lone Ranger?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Ok.. so someone cocks a gun and points it at you and guns it away from your vehicle. Time to pull out the handgun and unload?
Well, maybe you get some satisfaction out of putting lead into their license plate. Of course, now you are out 400 bucks for a new windshield.

Worth it?
This is Florida...Full coverage insurance includes a free windshield replacement. :laugh:
*Well, insurance pays for it, and they get their money back later..but still

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is Florida...Full coverage insurance includes a free windshield replacement. :laugh:
*Well, insurance pays for it, and they get their money back later..but still
Insurance guy: Damn, son. That hail stone damage look just about 9mm size. We been getting a lot of those crazy storms down here lately, ya know what I mean?

·
Registered
245 Posts
That old dude starts talking to the cops:

Olsen was pulled over by highway patrolman on US 98. Sworn affidavits obtained by WTSP show he told investigators he was acting out because '[My] wife treats me like a servant and she's the mistress and I'm tired of this s---.'
That's been a hard 70 years.

·
Registered
34,260 Posts
Waw. Err. That's quite something.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts