VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
*allegedly

that doesn’t mean it’s ok to drive triple digits and then discharge a firearm. throw this guy in the clink.
Allegedly? It's on camera bro. :screwy:

It is INSANE that he hasn't been charged with, at least, endangering public safety. Gun humpers must love this whole episode!
I'm what most people like you would consider a "gun humper" and I don't find any of it exciting. See my post on earlier in the thread.

people with guns = excuses to carry and use guns in public = people getting shot and killed
people with gasoline = excuses to carry and use gasoline in public = property and people getting set on fire. replace gasoline with

kitchen knives
pepper spray
baseball bats
etc.

Don't be dimwitted. You are entitled to your stance but make a better case next time.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
39,520 Posts
Allegedly? It's on camera bro. :screwy:

I'm what most people like you would consider a "gun humper" and I don't find any of it exciting. See my post on earlier in the thread.

people with gasoline = excuses to carry and use gasoline in public = property and people getting set on fire. replace gasoline with

kitchen knives
pepper spray
baseball bats
etc.

Don't be dimwitted. You are entitled to your stance but make a better case next time.
I didn’t see the other guy flash a piece, all I see is what appears to be an elbow.

And your comparisons are downright foolish.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
And your comparisons are downright foolish.
Great input. Guess what, 2A is here and it's never leaving, and by the HOUR more firearms are sold in this country than ever. To add to that, more and more states are embracing conceal carry holders and their rights. Furthermore, we haven't even broached the subject of "at home" manufacturing that isn't accounted for in total #'s. Get over it.

To top it all off, look at a state like Vermont. Look at the amount of violence, the amount of gun violence, and their gun laws. It's a people problem, not a gun problem. Good day! :thumbup:

EDIT:

Looks like we're on pace for a record year. You ain't getting MY AR-14, Joe! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
39,520 Posts
Great input. Guess what, 2A is here and it's never leaving, and by the HOUR more firearms are sold in this country than ever. To add to that, more and more states are embracing conceal carry holders and their rights. Furthermore, we haven't even broached the subject of "at home" manufacturing that isn't accounted for in total #'s. Get over it.

To top it all off, look at a state like Vermont. Look at the amount of violence, the amount of gun violence, and their gun laws. It's a people problem, not a gun problem. Good day! :thumbup:
But but mah freeeeeeedumbbz.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
But but mah freeeeeeedumbbz.
:laugh::laugh: brew some beer and relax. It'll be OK. BTW, what is your personal favorite that you do - out of curiosity, as sort of a "beer geek" myself.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
How many deaths are there per year due to gasoline attacks?
Not sure that's a measured statistic. The point was that the will to harm comes from within, and is not the product of a dangerous weapon or material used as a weapon.

·
Registered
18,955 Posts
Both drivers need to be charged, especially this idiot. He should also lose his rights to own a firearm.

·
39,520 Posts
:laugh::laugh: brew some beer and relax. It'll be OK. BTW, what is your personal favorite that you do - out of curiosity, as sort of a "beer geek" myself.
FWIW, I am by no means anti-gun. I’m anti-gun toting cowboy moron popping caps on the god damned highway. That’s not ok on so many levels and he should be in the penalty box for that level of stupidity regardless of what the other driver did or didn’t do.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Not sure that's a measured statistic. The point was that the will to harm comes from within, and is not the product of a dangerous weapon or material used as a weapon.
I completely agree that the will to harm comes from within. It's a natural extension of free will. That will to harm is what sucks about humanity.

Following this logic - should hand grenades be legal for open carry? They can be used for personal defense, and they don't produce a will to harm.

Please don't take this as an attack on guns or anyone on TCL. I'm just trying to understand the logic.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Sure thing. I'm sure if this guy was armed with a kitchen knife he would have hurled it out the window at the other motorist.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I don't know if he particularly did anything super illegal re: the shoot, but it definitely isn't how I would have handled it.
We found it, guys! the understatement of the year! congratulations, we've done it! :laugh:

I grew up in Central Florida and still have my parents and family there. For years I've been missing the weather and many other benefits I'd enjoy. But the more time passes, the more disgusting that state is. I had a shotgun waved at me on I-4 a few years ago because some old man in a Ford Ranger didn't like my safe lane change. I need to find a warm place to retire. Open to suggestions
like, anywhere south of, say, the 40th parallel that's not Florida? You've got a lot of options :laugh:

Yup. And these nutters need to face consequences. Reckless discharge of a firearm? Never own a gun again, for life.

That means responsible folks get to keep their freedom, and they're no longer lumped in with the reckless, the stupid, and the Floridian ;)

I'll even extend that to cops. Shoot someone, don't carry a gun anymore. There are plenty of desk jobs. Not meant as a punishment, just meaning, it's the kind of thing we want to discourage rather than look the other way about. It's a balance between society's safety and the officer's necessity to be able to protect themselves in a dangerous job. Will some legitimate uses of force get unfairly punished? Sure. It'll just tilt the balance back from the current situation, where civilians bear 100% of the brunt of officer force, and make it closer to 50/50. I don't know stats, but I'd venture a fraction of 1% of all police officers ever shoot anyone. That's a trade-off we should be happy to make so that everyone; officers and civilians, think twice before using deadly force. :thumbup: It's all a balance.

·
Registered
38,405 Posts
I didn’t see the other guy flash a piece, all I see is what appears to be an elbow.
While I was googling his name to see if I find some social media post with a punisher sticker on the back of his truck, I found the full video. The Z driver did point it out the window at him. (@ 2:43)

While pointing a firearm at someone is srs busns that can justify deadly force, I don't think his reckless response was warranted at all. The threat overtook him at +10 MPH. Even thought he already new the Z dude had a gun, the name of the game is avoidance. If I knew someone overtaking me had a gun, you better believe I would mash the brake pedal just as he approached. I want him 1) in front of me, and 2) the F away from me.

He should have tried this first.*

He did get a lot of miles out of that windshield, though.. https://twitter.com/MrMazzetta/status/1230480914444115970

*Well, maybe fifth. He could have not brake checked him, switched lanes to block him in, not flipped him off, and sped up to catch up with him.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Is there not a big chance that those bullets could end up hitting an innocent bystander?
Yup. Luckily it looks like he was shooting a Glock. I am surprised it didn't malfunction before he rang a shot off...:cool:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts

kitchen knives
pepper spray
baseball bats
etc.

i too would like to know the number of homicides annually from "people getting set on fire" with gasoline.

homicide % data from the FBI c2011:
Firearms: 67.8%
Knives or other cutting instruments: 13.4%
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.): 5.7%
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.): 3.9%
Other dangerous weapons: 9.2%

The point was that the will to harm comes from within, and is not the product of a dangerous weapon or material used as a weapon.
should rocket launchers be legal for citizens to own? then he really could have defended himself and stood his ground chasing the other driver down at 93mph.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
While I was googling his name to see if I find some social media post with a punisher sticker on the back of his truck, I found the full video. [/I]
Thanks for the full video. Interesting he titles it as "self defense". Somebody bumps your car and flashes a gun and your instinct is to block him, speed up to 100 mph and start the rooty tooty firepower scenario, you have a funny idea of what defending yourself is. If you had actually popped him with a slug, the next thing the cops would be saying to you would be "uh, you do know he was running away from you. You shot him in the back, son" "What was you thinking that this was self defense"?

41 - 60 of 156 Posts