VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
yeah, either of those places should have it. it might even come with some. i know when i got a flowmaster years ago it came with a small tube of some, but it was also from techtonics.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also a heads up, depending if you're low or not, you may want to get a universal hanger for the resonator. when i installed mine, it sagged like a mofo.

Yeah, i'm pretty low. So the hanger by adjacent to the resonator doesn't quite do the trick?

I guess I'll figure something out when I do the install. Putting on a new bosal cat,o2 sensor and full exhaust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So the hanger by adjacent to the resonator doesn't quite do the trick?
The hanger that's on the resonator did not match up with the stock hanger in my case. Also, you may find that the muffler hangs fairly low as well. After i installed my system and ran it a few days, i went back and just hung everything up with universal hangers to combat rattling and whatnot. A few extra hangers and you're golden. GL with the install

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did it Saturday. In the driveway,with jack, jack stands and 100 degree heat.
Actually replaced the Cat and O2 sensor,too. They were the hardest part.

Downpipe to cat bolts wouldn't budge, had to cut with Dremel. Had to force/pry cat off, even with cut bolts. Had to re-cut bolts on downpipe side and use vise grips and a lot of muscle to wiggle out cut bolts. Remnants from that part of job:

Spliced $45 Bosch O2 sensor on to old connector( saved $100).

Full system,ready to (Finally) mount.

Got done Saturday, but had evening plans and Sunday plans. Test drove Sunday and realized muffler is hanging low (as mentioned by Smokey). Rehanging with this after work:

We recheck seals for leaks later in the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.