VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Re: Fly GTI yo! (TypeR-ice)

Are those OEM wheels?
I like the drop. It's pretty low. And the kit is clean.
Now I wanna know what's under the hood. I can see the intercooler.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Awww Gino you should know better, those are S4 wheels. That guy probably bought wheel adapters or did a 5x112 mod.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: Fly GTI yo! (YuRoPi-N)

quote:[HR][/HR]Awww Gino you should know better, those are S4 wheels. That guy probably bought wheel adapters or did a 5x112 mod.[HR][/HR]​
Yep

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Fly GTI yo! (2KGTI-t)

How can you tell the difference between the 6 spoke S3 and S4 wheels? Or, are they the same? Nice GTI BTW! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Fly GTI yo! (YuRoPi-N)

nope more than likely they are audi TT rims. they look the same as s4 rims but with 5x100 bolt pattern. doubt they are off a s3 either as why would someone go through the trouble to import them in when you can get them off an audi TT.

here's a pic from a 180TT with the six spokes, got it off audiusa.com

[Modified by TypeR-ice, 1:30 AM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
21,570 Posts

sorry gino, gotta disagree with you here... look at the GTI's rims.. they got little spaces at the end of the spokes... the TT 6spoke rims dont got the little holes cut out...
i dont think they're S3 rims either, 'cause there's supposedly only one KNOWN guy in NA w/ S3's, and he's in the golf/jetta III section w/ a white GTI 2.0L.
so i'd have to say they're S4 rims, w/ 5x112 adapters http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: Fly GTI yo! (4NRYDE)

trav, hang out in the MkIV forums, more than a few guys have them, Roger Moore has a set on his dub. The only difference between the S4 and S3 rims are the bolt pattern I think. Oh yeah, and the new A3/S3 is supposed to debut in north America in 2003 as a 2004 model
If I'm done with my car by then I might just have to trade it in...........

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: Fly GTI yo! (4NRYDE)

Screw the rims, I want the S3!!!!!! damn I heard it's gonna b3 a 3.2l V6 with 240hp, awd and under 3000 lbs with all the creature comforts an audi would have. GRRRR......no money.....anyone wanna buy a kidney?
No, seriously.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts