VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving through Welland last week when I as cut off by a SUV (I saw it coming and was well behing him). However, he ran over a big chunck of broken up drywall. His back tire sent the drywall flying right into my car

The driver side light cover now has two deep scratches (anyone know off hand the replacement cost?) and the body next to the light has a deep scrape (not a scatch but a scrape). I think it added a couple of scratches to my front driver's side rim too. I don't really blame the suv driver but the boneheads who load up their trucks with junk to haul to the dump and don't care how much of it happens to fall on the road

What now? Do I get an estimate and find out how much my deductible is?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Flying road debris has damaged my jetta :( (magnus)

You'd be better off paying for it yourself. After the price of your deductiable ($300 plus) and the fact that you now have a claim on your insurance record. Which might effect you later on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Flying road debris has damaged my jetta :( (jay_vw)

quote:[HR][/HR]You'd be better off paying for it yourself. After the price of your deductiable ($300 plus) and the fact that you now have a claim on your insurance record. Which might effect you later on.[HR][/HR]​
Thanks - that's pretty much what I figured

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.