VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm on LBI, can anyone help me install my eurojet fmic? it's me and a friend, but i'd like to have someone there who's installed one before, just in case. i can use his dad's shop after hours. i'll supply
if needed, food, $, whatever.
thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FMIC install help in south jersey? (blackmagic3393)

.....................bump in the night.........................

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
what cutting tools do you have? I used a torch on mine, then a grinder to smooth it out. far as the bumper I just used a razor, slowly cutting plastic back till it all fit "right". also a china pen and a straight edge about the length of the ic would be a good idea.

·
Banned
5,344 Posts
Re: (KungFuGreg)

Quote, originally posted by KungFuGreg »
i have a fully loaded garage available to me, with every tool i'd need.
so whats the problem.. bolt it up, put some pipes on it... cut your bumper...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (turbovw18)

the problem is i know it will take twice as long without someone who's done it before. and i don't have instructions

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
instructions are on the site. or should be. line the holes of the ic up to the bumper and use a china pen or something to mark the rebar. cut rebar with a torch, sawzall, so on, see how it fits, grind down for better fitment, bolt it up and plumb it. take it for a spin.

·
Banned
6,228 Posts
Re: (blinkinbanana)

Quote, originally posted by blinkinbanana »
instructions are on the site. or should be. line the holes of the ic up to the bumper and use a china pen or something to mark the rebar. cut rebar with a torch, sawzall, so on, see how it fits, grind down for better fitment, bolt it up and plumb it. take it for a spin.

yea, what he said

·
Banned
5,344 Posts
Re: (vw1point8turbo)

i'm just going to make my own rebar.. just cut your rebar mounts with a sawzall / plasma cutter
and just get a metal rod, cut 2, 3 inch peices and the rest to go across the inside of the bumper... and whaaa la... custom rebar.
the ic is an easy job... just make the tubes go into the right places.
i'd come do it for you if it wasn't 6+ hours away.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: (turbovw18)

Its really straight forward with the install... we did my install in about a hour or so. The most time consuming is mounting and cutting the rebar if needed. The rebar took two drill bits to even make a dent before we went out and got a gold tipped bit.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Re: (vw1point8turbo)

Quote, originally posted by vw1point8turbo »

yea, what he said

seriously, people post nonsense in the midatlantic and i don't deny partaking in it. but your posts suck.
no content.
try again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts