VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I am looking at buying a 90 G60 with ATP turbo conversion, I have a few questions about a FMIC for it. The current setup utilizes a top-mount but without a hoodscoop, and the current owner says the system is next to useless. While I will install a hood scoop if necessary, I would rather not. Honestly, I can't get over how mean a FMIC looks. My questions: has anyone installed one on a G60? Any brand recommendations? I was thinking Spearco... Will cutting/relocated of the bumper skin or any engine bay components be needed? Thanks guys...I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here, just throwing out the idea because I LOVE the idea...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Re: FMIC on a g60T??? (Dkane)

heres a pic of an fmic on a rado g60. i dont really know how its mounted as there is usually a bumper support right were it sits this is just to show you what it looks like on a corrado. later,
KIP....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: FMIC on a g60T??? (K-FIZZEES SLCZ)

try a conquest/starion fmic. thats what i have and i have a gti though...but same concept, jsut different body.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re: FMIC on a g60T??? (XGTiG60X)

I have a starion FMIC..its not that hard you just have to be a little creative in that area...with cutting the bumper support and whatnot....
Branden

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Re: FMIC on a g60T??? (Padfan1)

is that g60racers car? i know he posts mad pics of his..hes proud of what he did...go int he G60 forum. your lucky to get replies here

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: FMIC on a g60T??? (corradokyd)

boy do i feel sheepish

thanks keith...i never, ever noticed the G60 forum before, heh.
that FM looks real good, but i'm not sure it's worth removing the bumper support

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re: FMIC on a g60T??? (corradokyd)

No its not G60racers car his car is blue...and you dont have to remove the bumper support you just have to cut some of it..
Branden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts