VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your Pics.

I just bought a FMIC Intercooler for my A4. I need a little help though. I need some pics to see how it looks. Show me what you got.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
RaceTec FMIC that will fit behind stock bumper without cutting (may be a very small amount).

Modified by docurley at 3:02 PM 5/14/2008

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Re: (docurley)

does your intercooler piping on the right side of the pic connect to the existing oem intake manifold hose thats on there already or does it go right to the intake manifold? and do you notice any loss from going to the existing one instead of going right to the intake manifold?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Re: (AEB A4)

Here are some pics from my FMIC install. I have a Race Tec Z-flow IC so the front piping (into the IC core) looks a little different, but the internal piping is all the same.

This part had to be cut from the passenger side to fit the piping around. I am not sure if yours will have to be like that or not.

Hope that helps -

Modified by niponki at 3:36 PM 6-13-2007

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question Aeb A4. That's what i would like to know too docurly. Niponki, thanks for the pics although I don't have to cut around on the passenger side. But did you use the stock house that goes into your manifold?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Re: (DA LiL Guatemalan)

Quote, originally posted by DA LiL Guatemalan »
... But did you use the stock house that goes into your manifold?

Yeah, until I can find a couple extra bucks, I am just using the stock hose. Seems to work ok so far.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Re: (bretkill)

Quote, originally posted by bretkill »
Docurley, I'm so happy to see someone put a grill over the intercooler. It looks so much better to me.

I think so too. Mine wouldn't fit back on.

Oh well, hopefully the S4 bumper will give more room for the IC on my other car.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Lets see your FMIC!

please make sure your pic is with the bumper on, and all your grills if they still fit
also include what brand/kit you have
lets see um! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
will any of your grills still fit?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts