VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My 2012 vw Routan key fob has been working on and off for some time now. Recently it just died, it will not unlock the van, tried everything I could find online to make it work with no luck. The dealer wants close to $500.00 for a new key. I've been using the little key to open the door, not an inconvenience for me, but the alarm goes off along with the horn. Is there any way this can be disabled? Or at least stop the horn from going off? I go to work @4:00am not pretty. Fuse, relay anything to stop the horn from sounding.

Thanks

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mick300ZX,

Did you look into the mechanism to see if there are any broken connections maybe you can re-solder? If everything looks good, and only the unlocking button doesn't work, you can buy a used keyfob, unsolder the button and swap it with the bad one on yours. I tried this with my volvo and it worked. if you cant find a used keyfob I think that part is called micro switch. You may find something similar to yours online.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that and it did not work. I bought a fob and swapped the internals, no luck.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts