VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Focus gets facelift

2K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  VR6mommie 
#1 ·
these are a new models for the Focus, probably will share the headlight and grill treatment

plah, cant post outside the site, here is the link
[Modified by Emgebe, 5:22 PM 3-21-2003]

[Modified by Emgebe, 5:24 PM 3-21-2003]

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (Tnmax21)

quote:[HR][/HR]Isn't that just a new model in the line-up, the new C-max? I thought it was to be new, seperate, almost like a mini- minivan? That's what I have heard at least.[HR][/HR]​
I think you're right. This isn't the regular Focus.

#8 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (A4Jetta)

Ford Focus C-Max (less 5-door hatch, more MPV). iirc it's the first car built on the MK2 Focus platform which may also be shared with the new
"Living Legends" Ford Capri.

quote:[HR][/HR]2nd gen. Focus supposed to be shown at Frankfurt this fall.
[HR][/HR]​
what he said.

G
#15 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (eggman95)

Jeez, people--it's not even the new Focus! It's just a derivative of the new car that's mildly indicative of the new styling direction. Wait until the actual car is released before you start bashing it.

#17 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (jumpstreet)

That´s about as much the new Focus as the Touran is the new Golf.
It´s Ford´s new mini-MPV, a booming market here in Europe.
As already said, it´s based on the Mk2 Focus platform. The regular Mk2 Focus will be shown this fall in Frankfurt and go on sale here next spring.

#18 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (Eolair)

Looks somewhat like the Ford Fusion, the micromini-MPV thing built off the euro Fiesta platform.
It also reminds me strongly of the Audi A2.
Interesting if the new focus moves in that direction. Seems to lose something of what makes the current version somewhat interesting while masking its potentially ungainly dimensions.

#21 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (bgluckman)

quote:[HR][/HR]Jeez, people--it's not even the new Focus! It's just a derivative of the new car that's mildly indicative of the new styling direction. Wait until the actual car is released before you start bashing it.[HR][/HR]​
But why? It's so much more fun thus way!

#22 ·
Re: Focus gets facelift (02_GTI_1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]they made it look like a mini van[HR][/HR]​
Of course they did, because it is the Minivan version of the Focus.
Regular Focus comes out later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.