VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Question for Ross-Tech.

In the PDF's I was using the 3CO-937-049-Q module has the ability to adjust fog light dimming. My car has the 3CO-937-049-AJ module. Are there any plans to bring back the fog light dimming functionality?

This is for a MKV GTI.

This is what is in the PDF for adjusting fog light dimming for byte 20. = fog light dimming

This is what I see when I'm in vag-com on my car for byte 20. = daytime running light dimming

So..... if I compare with the PDF, it seems like my byte 20 is the pdf's byte 8.

I have no idea how to get the fog light dimming option in vag-com.

I'm currently running stock setup which is headlights as DRL for North America region.
Concentrate on BYTE 20, Dimming Fog Lights (Standard 92%), and adjust th value to your liking.

You are (were) confusing the DRL settings with the Fog Light settings. Keep in mind that 70% is as low as you should go in relationship to Bulb Life.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
BYTE 08 Daytime Running Light Dimming (don't go under 70%)

BYTE 20 Front Fog Dimming (normally 5C HEX, 92 in Decimal)

You are posting two different Releases of the Controller.

I say give byte 20 a try, and if it works, you are done, if it does not work, then you are back to square one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.