VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my front fog lights in the headlights are stuck on when I turn my headlights on. Even the green light on the euro switch indicating the fog lights are on is lit up. But the euro switch is not pulled out to that position. This just happened a few days ago. I was not messing with or touching any of the wiring. Just happened out of no where. Anyone know what this could be? TIA

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Do you have a Chinese knockoff headlight switch?

·
Registered
04 R32. Mk4 imola GTI with 3.2 swap v
9,262 Posts
Sounds like a bad switch. I had one that would turn off all the lights in the dash. Replaced it and things have been good.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the euro switch off ecs tuning so i don't think its a Chinese knock off. The switch is maybe 2 years old. Could it really sh!t the bed that soon?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
This is also happening to me. More so when I only hit the alarm. I also have a euro switch and purchased it roughly 5 years ago.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm bumping this.

I still have this issue.

When I start the car, my euro switch is off but the green light indicating fogs are on is lit up.
Then when I put the ebrake down, my daytime running lights come on.

I don't think it's the switch. Because I put the stock switch back in with the TFL pin taped and my daytime running lights still come on when I release the ebrake.

I'll double check to make sure the right pin is taped off, but what else could the problem be?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would first start with an OEM baseline: put in stock switch, no goofy tape or TFL madness. Make sure lights operate as they should from the factory, then go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts