VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the Oettinger Full Front Bumper (not the chin spoiler) and I was thinking about getting the Hella Micro DE Xenons. They basically are attached like foglights, so I was wondering if it was possible to get these on a oettinger bumper? Can I cut the grill a bit to fit the fog lights? Anyone seen or done this before?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Re: Foglights on Oettinger Full Front Bumper??????? (Soy Bomb)

having seen the intruction guide for the oettinger front bumber and having the Micro DE fogs myself, it would be feasible.
ofr installing the full bumber, one must cut off the lower portion of the bumber. you would still be able to attach the fogs to the oriig part of the bumber.
As for the mesh grill, i don't know how nice it would look if u cut out holes for the lights. you'd wither be better off not putting in the mesh alltogether, or leaving them in and mounting the Xenons a bit further back so that they don't prortude past the grills. I would go the second route, just becuase that grill adds a "layer of protection" against someone trying to rip off the Xenons.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Foglights on Oettinger Full Front Bumper??????? (VR6 Kid)

thanks for the info again VR6 Kid!!!! I guess it could help protect against theft, but wouldnt it affect the way the light is projected? I am not sure how big the spaces are in the grill, but I've never seen a fog light setup behind a grill.... what are your opinions???? oh, and if we dont get 10 people for that GB on xenons, you pretty sure we can get them for about $600?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts

The grill pattern,if i remeber correctly (as my grill's at home, awaiting to be painted) is about 1/4" by 3/4". don't know how much it would affect the light pattern.
as for Rapid Parts reg price on these, it's $688. i bit high, but the only other place i know of that sells it is http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/new.htm
but they list for $720

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Foglights on Oettinger Full Front Bumper??????? (VR6 Kid)

wait, so if we dont get 10 people for xenons, we cant get them at $515....then before the new year, can we get them for less than $680? I remember you telling me in an IM that we might be able to get them for $600 before new year if we cant get GB price....

·
Registered
6,392 Posts

i'm trying to see if Rapid would let us combine all the fogs and xenons in 1 Gb to reach the 13 instead of having to get 13 for the golf fogs and then 10 for the Xenons

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I am getting the Oettinger Full Front Bumper (not the chin spoiler) [HR][/HR]​
There is no full front bumper. Only the skirt and the spoiler. Jam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts