VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to fold the seats down for the first time and was surprised to find that they do not fold down. They rest at a 30 degree angle. Unless I am doing something wrong, the fold down seats are a joke.
And yes the head rests were taken out.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Re: Fold down seats. Not quite. (DSM2R32)

Did you flop the seat bottom forward first?
If you flip the seat bottom forward, remove the headrests from the seat backs, then fold the back rests down it lays flat.
larry

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Re: Fold down seats. Not quite. (ljhooley)

Quote, originally posted by ljhooley »

Did you flop the seat bottom forward first?
If you flip the seat bottom forward, remove the headrests from the seat backs, then fold the back rests down it lays flat.
larry

Mine fold flat!!!
You have to "unfold" the Seating part of the seats.... pull a small plastic thingy on the front part of the seat....
If in doubt check the owners manual...

·
Registered
813 Posts

All I got to say is,

·
Registered
163 Posts

What happened, drove off before the dealer gave the mandatory walk through on the car?
Proper use is in the pleather bound manual the dealer likes to show off with the pen and the key chain.
Personally it is a pain in the *** that you have to do all this to fold the seats down. Also, once the seat botttoms are flipped the front seats don't like to go all the way back.

·
Registered
17,666 Posts
Re: Fold down seats. Not quite. (Supercharged VR6)

The seat bottoms are easy to remove once you have them flipped up. Just squeeze the metal bracket/hoop thing holding it to the car. Then store them where you store the headrests. Which is to say, not in the oh so convenient slots in the seat bottom. Once the bottoms have been taken out of the car, you can slide the front seats back much farther, and you won't wear the backs of your front seats.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: Fold down seats. Not quite. (vwaudienthusiast)

Hey! Incase anyone failed to mention this to you...
You have to FLIP UP THE SEAT BOTTOMS...

·
Registered
368 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Supercharged VR6 »
It's the same with all MK IV Golfs...nothing new to the R32's

My 1997 MK3 was like that too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Re: Fold down seats. Not quite. (rabbitgtibbar)

Quote, originally posted by rabbitgtibbar »
The seat bottoms are easy to remove once you have them flipped up. Just squeeze the metal bracket/hoop thing holding it to the car. Then store them where you store the headrests. Which is to say, not in the oh so convenient slots in the seat bottom. Once the bottoms have been taken out of the car, you can slide the front seats back much farther, and you won't wear the backs of your front seats.

Word. This is what I started doing too. Makes things much easier.

·
Registered
893 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Supercharged VR6 »
It's the same with all MK IV Golfs...
and Jettas

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

BTW...don't forget to first bring BOTH your front seats forward before playing around with the back seats (or you'll end up wearing out the underside of the folded up bottom seat when you fold down the rear seat back...unless you remove the bottom seat altogether).
Confused yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts