VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always get those badass custom cut ones that fit your window perfectly. I thought they were a ripoff until I used one in the Texas summer and it made a huge difference over the cheap ones, unfortunately they haven't made one for the new GTI yet.

·
Registered
2022 GTI DSG7 Pomelo Yellow
27 Posts
I always get those badass custom cut ones that fit your window perfectly. I thought they were a ripoff until I used one in the Texas summer and it made a huge difference over the cheap ones, unfortunately they haven't made one for the new GTI yet.

I have one of these, perfect fit. The gold version goes great with Pomelo Yellow,

·
Registered
2022 GTI Performance DSG Deep Black Pearl
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
funny they ship to Chad but not Canada 😂

I have one of these, perfect fit. The gold version goes great with Pomelo Yellow,

·
Registered
2022 GTI Performance DSG Deep Black Pearl
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2022 GTI-S stick
85 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not VW, but a custom fit for you car. They don't fold, but roll up which makes it easier to store on your back seat floor. And they're reversible to help keep frost off the window in the winter:

·
Registered
310 Posts
just used one out of my older car, fits pretty good. Probably got at Costco, nice blue with reflective silver on other side. I live in Socal near malibu beach, 85 is a reallllly hot day near me, beach most days get's up to 72 :), car is white with cloth, no need to get high end shade.

But I might get some window shades.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Covercraft UVS100 is the ONLY sunshade anyone should ever consider. Custom fit for anything under the sun. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
This was the brand I was thinking of, but it doesn't exist yet for the MK8.
The Covercraft UVS100 is what I use on my MK6. I also wouldn't consider the other types. It looks like they have 2021 GTI listed. I wonder if the previous version would work for the MK8. It seems it might at least be good enough until the newer version becomes available.

My 2010 MK6 TDI

on Flickr

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought the VW sunshade from the dealer and hate it. I don't know if it's just mine or what. It leaves dust and marks on the dash and I can't deal with that. Thinking it was left out and collected dust, I cleaned it and it's still terrible. $40 for something I could have done better at Walmart with. Pisses me off but I can't seem to throw it in the trash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a MK6, but I got a sunshield from WeatherTech. Nice, heavy duty, fits perfect, completely covering the inside with no overlap.
I also have a MK VI, and I'd like to find a sunshield for the side windows on a 2 door. I'm about 18Km inland from the Bu (Malibu) and it gets HOT here in the West San Fernando Valley. It has been over 100 deg F for the last week now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts