VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not going to do a full tutorial since there is plenty of information out there already for adding footwell lights to a MK7 Golf. And it's pretty much the same across platforms, I installed them in my 2013 Passat years ago and it was almost identical.
I did want to post about it though since it does not seem to have been tackled or talked about here. It took me about two hours taking my time, not including the time I spent trying to track down coding that actually worked for my 2019. If you are not in a rush you can get the entire kit with the wiring and four lights for ~$20 on Aliexpress. The kit number to search for is either 7L0947415 or 5ND947415, I think one is LED and one is incandescent. I actually went with incandescent because I have LED replacement bulbs, and I did not trust the the LED kit to have decent light output. Plus I wanted to verify dimming worked with the incandescent bulbs before swapping in LEDs.

I have a 2019 eGolf SE, so no footwell lights from the factory. I added the footwell wiring to BCM pin C72, it was empty. There are cutouts under the dash and seats for the lights to clip into, no modification necessary. Wiring was straightforward, if you've pulled a VW apart in the last decade you know it's pretty simple. If you haven't, Youtube it and you'll be all set. You'll need a T20 to get the panel out from under the steering wheel and a T50 to get the seats out. 10mm is used for the grounding lug, a small flat screwdriver for the hood release handle, and trim removal tools do come in handy ($5 well spent at Harbor Freight, Amazon, eBay, etc.). Getting the wiring from the driver footwell to the passenger footwell could be a challenge, but I was able to fish a set of mechanical fingers from the the passenger side and pull the wiring through without pulling anything apart. Mechanical fingers are amazing, if you don't have a set you should get them, but you could get away with a fish-tape or even a wire coat hanger. I think it's much easier than pulling the trim off of the center console.

EDIT Progress has been made on coding, I now have the "proper" factory implementation thanks to the diligence of others. This post did it for me, with a very minor change to the coding:
Footwell Lights Retrofit Troubleshooting
I am copy/pasting the OBDEleven changes I did to make this work:

Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access → Code: 31347
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 05 → Bit: 7 → enable
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 17 → Bit: 3 → enable
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lasttyp 30 → 36-LED Kleinleistung
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 → 02
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion A 30 → Fussraumlicht
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion B 30 → Not Installed
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion C 30 → Not Installed
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Dimmwert AB 30 → 100
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 → always

Adaptation → Interior light; light configuration - Fussraumbeleuchtung → installed
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_adaption_kundenwunsch_fussraum → 0.2
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_max_fussraum → 100%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_HD_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 126%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_HD_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 127%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_dieseTuer_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_andereTuer_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 126%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_dieseTuer_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_andereTuer_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_einausstieg_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_HD_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_HD_zu_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_schluessel_ab_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_schluessel_ab_fussraum → 70%

Module: 5F (Information electronics)
Adaptation → Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_ambient_illumination → activated
Adaptation → Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_high → activated

Well worth the $20 and is simple enough I think it should be on everyone's mod list.
US $17.55 36% OFF|1Set OEM Original Footwell Light For Golf 6 Jetta MK5 MK6 Tiguan Passat B6 7L0 947 415 5ND 947 415 7L0947415 5ND947415|footwell light|7l0 947 4155nd 947 415 - AliExpress

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not going to do a full tutorial since there is plenty of information out there already for adding footwell lights to a MK7 Golf. And it's pretty much the same across platforms, I installed them in my 2013 Passat years ago and it was almost identical.
I did want to post about it though since it does not seem to have been tackled or talked about here. It took me about two hours taking my time, not including the time I spent trying to track down coding that actually worked for my 2019. If you are not in a rush you can get the entire kit with the wiring and four lights for ~$20 on Aliexpress. The kit number to search for is either 7L0947415 or 5ND947415, I think one is LED and one is incandescent. I actually went with incandescent because I have LED replacement bulbs, and I did not trust the the LED kit to have decent light output. Plus I wanted to verify dimming worked with the incandescent bulbs before swapping in LEDs.

I have a 2019 eGolf SE, so no footwell lights from the factory. I added the footwell wiring to BCM pin C72, it was empty. There are cutouts under the dash and seats for the lights to clip into, no modification necessary. Wiring was straightforward, if you've pulled a VW apart in the last decade you know it's pretty simple. If you haven't, Youtube it and you'll be all set. You'll need a T20 to get the panel out from under the steering wheel and a T50 to get the seats out. 10mm is used for the grounding lug, a small flat screwdriver for the hood release handle, and trim removal tools do come in handy ($5 well spent at Harbor Freight, Amazon, eBay, etc.). Getting the wiring from the driver footwell to the passenger footwell could be a challenge, but I was able to fish a set of mechanical fingers from the the passenger side and pull the wiring through without pulling anything apart. Mechanical fingers are amazing, if you don't have a set you should get them, but you could get away with a fish-tape or even a wire coat hanger. I think it's much easier than pulling the trim off of the center console.

EDIT Progress has been made on coding, I now have the "proper" factory implementation thanks to the diligence of others. This post did it for me, with a very minor change to the coding:
Footwell Lights Retrofit Troubleshooting
I am copy/pasting the OBDEleven changes I did to make this work:

Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
Security Access → Code: 31347
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 05 → Bit: 7 → enable
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 17 → Bit: 3 → enable
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lasttyp 30 → 36-LED Kleinleistung
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 → 02
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion A 30 → Fussraumlicht
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion B 30 → Not Installed
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion C 30 → Not Installed
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Dimmwert AB 30 → 100
Adaptation → Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 → always

Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_adaption_kundenwunsch_fussraum → 0.2
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_max_fussraum → 100%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_HD_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 126%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_HD_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 127%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_dieseTuer_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_andereTuer_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 126%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_dieseTuer_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_andereTuer_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_einausstieg_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_HD_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_HD_zu_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_schluessel_ab_fussraum → 70%
Adaptation → Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_schluessel_ab_fussraum → 70%

Module: 5F (Information electronics)
Adaptation → Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_ambient_illumination → activated
Adaptation → Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_high → activated

Well worth the $20 and is simple enough I think it should be on everyone's mod list.
US $16.73 39% OFF|1Set OEM Original Footwell Light For Golf 6 Jetta MK5 MK6 Tiguan Passat B6 7L0 947 415 5ND 947 415 7L0947415 5ND947415|footwell light|7l0 947 4155nd 947 415 - AliExpress

Thank you. Inspired me to get the set from Aliexpress, (delivered in 9 days to SF). Installed and it works when doors are open, but i am new to obdeleven, and can't get it to appear in the menu. Where is it supposed to be?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you. Inspired me to get the set from Aliexpress, (delivered in 9 days to SF). Installed and it works when doors are open, but i am new to obdeleven, and can't get it to appear in the menu. Where is it supposed to be?
missing part in your coding is
Module 09 --> Adaptation --> Interior light, light configuration --> Fussraumbeleuchtung --> switch to "Installed"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey!
I’ve installed foot well lightning in my Golf S 2015 and it works as expected, but I can’t see the % setting under “Lights” menu in my MIB2 system. I have the opportunity to change the intensity only with cluster brightness slider. As far as I understand the setting in adaptation which should add “Footwell lights” menu is “IDE09732-ENG114629-Interior light: light configuration-Foot well lighting”, correct? Can someone suggest what could be the reason?

I’ve done next adaptations for 09 block, long coding wasn’t used:

IDE09732-ENG114629-Interior light: light configuration-Foot well lighting -> installed
ENG116966-ENG116442-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30 -> 36 - LED Kleinleistung
IDE05145-ENG116444-Light configuration-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 -> 2
ENG116966-ENG116445-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30 -> Footwell light
IDE05145-ENG116447-Light configuration-Dimmwert AB 30 -> 85
ENG116966-ENG116446-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion B 30 -> Terminal 58xs dimmer
ENG116966-ENG116449-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion C 30 -> Interior light
IDE05145-ENG116448-Light configuration-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 -> Always

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey!
I’ve installed foot well lightning in my Golf S 2015 and it works as expected, but I can’t see the % setting under “Lights” menu in my MIB2 system. I have the opportunity to change the intensity only with cluster brightness slider. As far as I understand the setting in adaptation which should add “Footwell lights” menu is “IDE09732-ENG114629-Interior light: light configuration-Foot well lighting”, correct? Can someone suggest what could be the reason?
The easiest approach would be to revert back to stock, then check out the link in the second post:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.