VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: (Isgro)

wow, the selecta... that thing is ancient!
still one of the best, if only dubmodder was more like that tool.
Isgro, whats your SC look like now?
here's mine, currently:

and what i want to do with it:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Re: (MFZERO)

Quote, originally posted by MFZERO »

that thing is loooooow

I see way too much concrete under the front bumper.
Keep going.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Re: (CockneyReject)

Quote, originally posted by IKEACAR »

I see way too much concrete under the front bumper.
Keep going.

Oh, don't you worry. I'm not down all the way yet. Also, keep in mind, that one you posted is on air (for bitches) and the front is tubbed. I'm going static drop. Speaking of lowered aircooleds, why the hell haven't we seen pictures of yours smacked on its ass yet? Yours runs and drives (unlike mine right now).
Quote, originally posted by CockneyReject »

i dunno if it was you or Nate i was talking about 125R15's for the fron but here they are...
http://store.coker.com/product...age=1

It was me. Thanks guy. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Re: (Isgro)

Quote, originally posted by Isgro »

Oh, don't you worry. I'm not down all the way yet. Also, keep in mind, that one you posted is on air (for bitches) and the front is tubbed.

Yeah, it is. Agreed.
Quote, originally posted by Isgro »
I'm going static drop. Speaking of lowered aircooleds, why the hell haven't we seen pictures of yours smacked on its ass yet? Yours runs and drives (unlike mine right now).

When I bought it, I had 2 jobs, and the second job primarily was expendable income. I quit that job about a month later after an argument with my boss. I am only working my full time job now so no extra spending $$$. I'm starting up another job plus doing some freelance work in the next couple months. Either way, the car will be at Dust Off. What was supposed to be my winter project is turning into my Spring/Summer project.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Re: (IKEACAR)

Quote, originally posted by IKEACAR »

When I bought it, I had 2 jobs, and the second job primarily was expendable income. I quit that job about a month later after an argument with my boss. I am only working my full time job now so no extra spending $$$. I'm starting up another job plus doing some freelance work in the next couple months. Either way, the car will be at Dust Off. What was supposed to be my winter project is turning into my Spring/Summer project.

That'll do it. Looking forward to seeing that thing out there.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Re: (CockneyReject)

Quote, originally posted by CockneyReject »
This the Type 3?
You swapping the beam with a type one beam?

Nope. The front suspension is different than a Type 1. The rear is the same as a Type 1.
Everyone says the fronts are even easier to do than the rears on the Type 3. I've been reading up on it. Looks fairly straightforward.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/for...65145

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: (IKEACAR)

thats a pretty clean SC! aircooled's are coming back in force, i love it.
do you have the gates for it? those things are hell to get a hold of.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Re: (sirswank)

Thanks! I have all of the gates. They all need some reinforcing along the bottom. I think the guy who owned it when it was in Virginia was a fisherman as everything is solid where it would normally be rotten, but the bed and the treasure chest was all rotted out. I'm thinking he loaded salt water traps in and out of it, lobster traps or something.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts