VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They suck... Its was a nice start for me but I maxed them out completely and I'm not even low IMO. New wheels and tires hopefully on by next month. Hopefully that'll bring it down a tad. These coils are ok for cupkit height anything over that there bouncy as ****. Once my wheels are finished and I get my exhaust done Ultra Low's will be coming.

Just diving everyone a heads up on these, at LOW they ride like **** but for 350 bucks they got me low for now and it was an ok start so I cant complain. My buddies at 22" fender to ground on rokkors with about 2" of thread left and his coils ride WAY better then mine less bounce, stiffer but its not like driving on a trampoline.

My pointless little story/facts but save your money if your getting coils and go for broke with H&R or something good in the beginning rather then going through something twice... Say whatever you'd like about this post I know its pointless but I figured I'd just help some people out because I know theres people out there right now debating on coils.

· Registered
7,983 Posts
In the end you get what you pay for, you should have known that.
how many times does this have to be said. this is the best advice to anyone who thinks about buying racelands, rokkors.

save your ****ing money and buy good coils :banghead:

· Registered
1,781 Posts
stop bitchin' they ride fine. here's concept. don't drive like your driving a normal height car then they'll ride just like everyone elses coils.

A buddy of mine has HAD Patecs and Sts and he rode in a car with Racelands and CONFIRMED that they ride just as good if not better. And i would agree.

Mine are 10 from the bottom all around and when you drive like an ******* they ride... you guessed it... like *******.

Ill say what i always say, your driving a Volkswagen not a Cadillac.

· Banned
1,481 Posts
I've said a couple times and people have FAILED to post.

Link me a time where a racelands or rokkors PHYSICALLY FAILED under stress of normal use.

How comphy are ANY set of stiff spring sets going to be no matter how much they are? I'll take the $289 stiff as shi* springs and not the $1200 stiff as shi* springs with the same exact ride. I just love buying brand names. Nothing to me can justify coils over a grand, unless there is an arm that comes out and wacks you off.

It like win 98 when it first came out. Nah, I'll take the 1400 dollar set of solitaire cards please.

I never hear people compare the handling performance factors of suspension. I guess because it's the F*CKING same.

My old bilstien/neuspeed set felt stiff. In an attempt to tame it, the sport stock suspension I put back on STILL feels stiff with 17's. I'm sorry man, but your just going to have to mod catty springs for a gti if you want a smooth ride of any kind.

:thumbdown:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.