VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have aftermarket wheels, ditched the pressure sensors, and disabled the TPMS idiot light on the instrument cluster, but you still get the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" warning message every time you start the car, then keep reading...
I received the following suggestion from Uwe (the Ross-Tech guy):
1) Click on the "Chassis" tab.
2) Click on module "65 - TPMS (or Tire Pressure)."
3) Click "Adaptation."
4) Select Channel 02.
5) The current value will probably be "1." Change it to "2."
6) Save the changes. Click "OK" when the little "Are you sure?" dialog pops up.
7) Have a beer and celebrate not having to see that [email protected]~$!%!#ing message again.

For those who are under 21, well.... have a Kool-Aid or something.

EDIT: The method of cycling through and/or interrupting the output tests in module "55 - Xenon Range" didn't do anything for my car, so hopefully this will help some of you.

Modified by Max Rebo at 10:35 PM 8-19-2007

Registered
Re: For anyone who still has the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" message @ startup... ... (Max Rebo)

Good to know... Although any Vag'ing on my part will be done by you

Registered
Re: For anyone who still has the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" message @ startup... ... (DuckyTSX)

I have a question regarding TPMS. If you have a car that does not have this, can i just purchase the sensors and enable with Vag-Com?

Registered
Re: For anyone who still has the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" message @ startup... ... (03_platinum1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by 03_platinum1.8t
I have a question regarding TPMS. If you have a car that does not have this, can i just purchase the sensors and enable with Vag-Com?

No, the module that controls the valve stem sensor-based TPMS is probably not present in your car.

Registered
Re: For anyone who still has the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" message @ startup... ... (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo
If you have aftermarket wheels, ditched the pressure sensors, and disabled the TPMS idiot light on the instrument cluster, but you still get the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" warning message every time you start the car, then keep reading...

does this method cause any codes?

Registered
Re: (Max Rebo)

If our TPMS system actually gave us realtime data, say, in the MFD, then I would've bought new sensors. Unfortunately, it does not.

well, at least you can read it with the vag-com. doesn't do much good tho

Registered
Maybe LCT can include that in their next update.

Registered
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984
Maybe LCT can include that in their next update.

well, you know how they had that issue that they can't show boost when driving with the initial beta release? maybe this will show tire pressure, but only when it's over 4bar.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: For anyone who still has the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" message @ startup... ... (D.Passat00)

Quote, originally posted by D.Passat00

does this method cause any codes?

Nope, not as far as I can see.
I can run a scan tonight to double-check.
The only soft-code I have is from disabling the bit for TPMS in the CAN Gateway. That one is normal. It doesn't show up while driving, though -- only if you perform a fault code scan.
There are no drawbacks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Hey... for realtime pressure data, maybe I can set up 4 gauges on my A-pillar just for the tires? That would be phat, y0!

Banned
Tesla Cat Nose

The only soft-code I have is from disabling the bit for TPMS in the CAN Gateway. That one is normal. It doesn't show up while driving, though -- only if you perform a fault code scan.

I did the channel 2 and the warning light came on. I should clarify that I have a PQ46, and I have the stock rims on with tpms.
Max, did you ALSO disable the bit in the can gateway? It wasn't clear in your OP. I just turned that off and left the channel 2 mod. I'll find out on my commute tomorrow. I could care less about a soft code that's stored, too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes...
First I disabled the instrument cluster light by disabling TPMS in the CAN Gateway.
Then, I was able to disable the warning message by doing the channel 2 mod. This is only needed if you are getting the message in your MFD. Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Registered
Re: (AbtSportsline)

Quote, originally posted by AbtSportsline
great

I disabled the light and message over 4 months ago and recently the message started coming back on at every startup... wtf?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.