VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have aftermarket wheels, ditched the pressure sensors, and disabled the TPMS idiot light on the instrument cluster, but you still get the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" warning message every time you start the car, then keep reading...
I received the following suggestion from Uwe (the Ross-Tech guy):
1) Click on the "Chassis" tab.
2) Click on module "65 - TPMS (or Tire Pressure)."
3) Click "Adaptation."
4) Select Channel 02.
5) The current value will probably be "1." Change it to "2."
6) Save the changes. Click "OK" when the little "Are you sure?" dialog pops up.
7) Have a beer and celebrate not having to see that [email protected]~$!%!#ing message again.

For those who are under 21, well.... have a Kool-Aid or something.

EDIT: The method of cycling through and/or interrupting the output tests in module "55 - Xenon Range" didn't do anything for my car, so hopefully this will help some of you.

Modified by Max Rebo at 10:35 PM 8-19-2007

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: For anyone who still has the "Tire Pressure Too Low!" message @ startup... ... (D.Passat00)

Quote, originally posted by D.Passat00 »

does this method cause any codes?

Nope, not as far as I can see.
I can run a scan tonight to double-check.
The only soft-code I have is from disabling the bit for TPMS in the CAN Gateway. That one is normal. It doesn't show up while driving, though -- only if you perform a fault code scan.
There are no drawbacks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Hey... for realtime pressure data, maybe I can set up 4 gauges on my A-pillar just for the tires? That would be phat, y0!

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes...
First I disabled the instrument cluster light by disabling TPMS in the CAN Gateway.
Then, I was able to disable the warning message by doing the channel 2 mod. This is only needed if you are getting the message in your MFD. Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.