VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (RedVR6)

Suspension....bring that thing down to earth...and in terms of enjoyment, you will feel your dollars on every single mile you put on the car...
Sean

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (vtecsucks)

quote:[HR][/HR]forget the suspension.... suspension doen't make you faster.... that's gay... [HR][/HR]​
shows what you know. Really, if you've EVER been to the track you'll see that a car that has great handling can easily beat a more powerful car that can't corner as well. So, actually yes suspension DOES make you faster.
Such as say , a Miata vs a stock VR6 .

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (Lexi)

Definitely suspension, then get an exhaust. After that you can start the great debate of sc or turbo. Personally I think I'll get a sc, don't ask me when....gotta get it past the wife first.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (vtecsucks)

quote:[HR][/HR]forget the suspension.... suspension doen't make you faster.... that's gay... go with a fly wheel, lsd, 3.94 or 4.24 gears.... now your talkin[HR][/HR]​
Yo bro, you are so on point with that one....he can throw in a flywheel and his car will be running 10's alllll dayyy longggg....
I would rather put in something that I feel in everyday use, then a mod that is very costly and can hardly be noticed, especially when done to his bone stock VR....
Sean

·
Banned
4,652 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (VW JETTA)

My girlfriend has a 97 Jetta GLX. He have a GIAC chip, Neuspeed P-Flow, and Slotted rotors with Mintex metal masters brake pads. I am gonna be buying her an exhaust and giving her my Neuspeed strut bar for her birthday. I wanna lower it but she doesn't want to. All in all it's a great car it really moves even for an automatic.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (HavocRacingVW)

I've had my glx for almost 2 weeks now, I've ordered my smoked vento ecodes ( here tomorrow
) and I've got a line on some wheels, but suspension will be my next outpouring of cash!!!...I've added some items from my other car, Momo wheel knob/boot, euro glove box, abt pedals, euro headlight switch blah blah.....blah...but suspension is next

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Middle-aged man sedan
13,748 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (vr6james)

yea, i'd def. do suspension. if you want a drop, but still have the ability to drive over rocks and bumpy stuff and not worry about ripping the oil pan off, then i'd go for the bilstein sport/h&r setup. its not especially low, but lower than stock. i've got pics of that setup on my page. as far as other mods go, i wouldnt really do exhaust ever, unless you just want the look or sound. after the suspension, i'd get e-codes, a quaife, a garrett chip, and some sticky tires, and cams if you want em.
and since when does suspension not make you faster??

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: For anyone with Jetta VR6 GLX (Samson)

Suspension. Cars rides like a Buick without it. Swaybars too, to reduce the bodyroll.
I can't imagine driving my car at high speeds with the crappy stock suspension...scary.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.