VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1512 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looking for a complete ignition system for a 16v swap into my mk1 Rocco. Stock ignition is incomplete and I can't get it to run. Looking to start fresh ~ running CIS-basic.

Send me a PM with what you have.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
For sale:

PMO PCU Fuel Pressure Regulator

This is what Porsche guys use to retain there stock CIS fuel pump while reducing fuel pressure. Used it for less than 50 miles. I switched to an actual R1 fuel pump and have no need for this anymore. Looks like the one in the picture. It has barb fittings. One of the front fittings that goes to the carbs, I have removed and put a fitting with a plug on it. I do still have the fitting it came with and will supply you with that as well. It did not leak when I had my car running with plug on the one fitting. Will also give the instruction paper it comes with. Comes with the mounting screws, but no bracket. I have ended up using the bracket for something else in my engine bay.

$75 shipped your way

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
For sale is a new, OEM ABF 16V water neck. No longer available, part # 037121132J. This is needed when converting to carbs or ITB's as the standard water neck doesn't have enough clearance. I only test mounted this water neck to get an idea of what I needed but I changed directions. Has new gasket as well.

Price: $55 shipped, PayPal fees & tracking # included. :thumbup:

Pics:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've got an 8v counterflow carb manifold to get rid of as well. OEM 8v carb intake mani - 055 129 713 K

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Redline Weber 16v carb manifold

I've got a Redline Weber 16v manifold for dual DCOE 45s. This manifold has been drilled and tapped with fittings for running 1/8" vacuum lines to a manifold for a MAP sensor for crank triggered ignition such as Megajolt or Megasquirt. Looking to get $80 + shipping anywhere in the USA.

SOLD.

·
Registered
86 Posts
16v bike carb kit

$375 shipped lower 48

Selling all my parts to do a street bike carb conversion for a 16v. These are all the main parts for a carb conversion, add the ignition system of your choosing and your ready to go. Manifold are for any year 16v engine. Carbs are in good shape and one set has the throttle cables and linkages intact.
Heres whats included:

New Carter fuel pump
New 25 ft of 3/8 fuel hose
New 0-15 psi pressure gauge
Set of 2006 yamaha R1 carbs
Set of 2007 yamaha R1 carbs
Vdo in tank pump
16v intake manifold
Spare 16v manifold plate

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
42mm CBR1100XX ITBs and accessories.

These are about the best spacing available to closely match a 16V.
Have air box, air horns, bodies, fuel rail, injectors, TPS, FPR, all the vacuum lines and tees, air temp sensor, banjo fitting which bolts right to a fuel filter.
$250us
PM for pics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
FS: Mallory Hyfire vI complete ignition system for carbs $300

Selling a complete Mallory hyfire ignition system that was on my 1980 scirocco, that is on the sidedraft diet . System entails Mallory hyfire ignition box, Promaster coil, Ballast resistor, MSD tach adapter and diode, Mallory Unilite distributor that you can adjust total advance and spark curve, distributor spring kit and key to adjust timing curve, power filter for distributor, all instruction manuals from everything when it was bought new except for the distributor, which was bought used. Only thing needed to run kit is a set of spark plug wires. Asking $300, I don't know how to post pictures here, I can send via email or text

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Selling a complete Mallory hyfire ignition system that was on my 1980 scirocco, that is on the sidedraft diet . System entails Mallory hyfire ignition box, Promaster coil, Ballast resistor, MSD tach adapter and diode, Mallory Unilite distributor that you can adjust total advance and spark curve, distributor spring kit and key to adjust timing curve, power filter for distributor, all instruction manuals from everything when it was bought new except for the distributor, which was bought used. Only thing needed to run kit is a set of spark plug wires. Asking $300, I don't know how to post pictures here, I can send via email or text
Can you pm me for an email to send pics to. What turbo setup did you go with. 16v management or just 8v?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
212 Posts
the Hyfire has a MAP senor hookup but i was not using it, it also has a boost retard on it, which i was also not using. you can use it on just about anything 4 cyl, 6 cyl, 8 cyl. its just like a MSD ignition, in fact MSD recently bought out Mallory. I don't see any point in using it on your car as the digi 1 is boost sensitive, this would be good for someone with an mk1 or mk2 as most of the vws after that were electronic from the factory and most definitely not on carbs.

1461 - 1480 of 1512 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.