VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

421 - 437 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
This is for a Mk2 Golf/Jetta Syncro fuel tank, filler neck, sender and tank mounting straps. It's everything you need to complete a Syncro conversion for your Mk2. There is a pump included, I'm not sure if it works but it's the same pump as the front drive car and easy to find. The tank mounting straps are new reproduction and all other parts are used OEM VW. The price is $750 for everything, no offers or trades. It took me three years to find all these parts individually and import them from Germany. I will ship everything in one box at your expense from UPS or FedEx, your choice within the USA.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
WTB: Rear swaybar and bushings, Powerflex control arm bushings

I have been searching for a couple things for a while and can't seem to get my hands on them.

Anyone have a rear swaybar in good shape for a syncro rear beam?

Also, it would be great to find a source for powerflex replacement control arm bushings. Anyone know where to find them?

Send me a PM if you have either!

Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just finished my Haldex swap and the car is back on bags so I don't need the rear sway bar. It's in great shape and painted black laying on my garage floor. Even have the mounting hardware to go with it.

Cleaning out my garage after the B4 build and found a few things I'll never use.

2 viscous couplers
1 good rear diff
1 21/20 angled drive in great shape

The rear diff had an exploded sprag clutch when I got it. I had a friend send a crusty rear diff from Canada and I used the sprag clutch out of that one in this one. I stripped the reverse lockup stuff so it only works in forward motion (the reverse linkage had come off and caused the sprag to disintegrate). New seals on the diff and some new seals on the angled drive. I have a pair of the really really hard to find seals for the input shaft on the viscous couplers (took months to get from eastern Europe). Also I have that crusty old diff which still has the rubber mounting bracket on it.

If you got $$ I can build you a custom 02C with CTN gearing (TDI) using a brand new OEM 02C case I just happen to have. I was going to use it in a future unknown project but for the right price I can build you your dream transmission. I may be able to source another 17/27 angled drive if you want to Haldex your car. I can tell ya, the Haldex with an SQS manual controller is just about the most fun you can have in a VW. Instant push-button awesome!

Shoot me an offer for what I have here.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Feeler...
Ive been collecting these parts and a corrado, but honestly its hard to get into this with family life now, i dont see any time in near future to even think of diving into this project. No point in holding on to it forever. Id like to sell it as a package deal, no interest in splitting things out as this is a 100% complete swap, nothing else is needed.

Full syncro swap for corrado/mk2 in 4 lug. All parts are from a MK2 no Passat parts except gearbox.
-Center Driveshaft
-Axles
-02C G60 passat gearbox
-Optional 02C VR6 Bellhousing with welded reinforcement
-Rear pan and crossmember, spotwelds drilled and ready to go in(used but professionaly removed from donor)
-Gas Tank and straps!
-Center tunnel from a MK2 with mounts
-Read end complete with proper corrado/mk2 mounts!
-Wiring harness/relay for AWD
-Rallye fuel pump with sender

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
This is for a Mk2 Golf/Jetta Syncro fuel tank, filler neck, sender and tank mounting straps. It's everything you need to complete a Syncro conversion for your Mk2. There is a pump included, I'm not sure if it works but it's the same pump as the front drive car and easy to find. The tank mounting straps are new reproduction and all other parts are used OEM VW. The price is $650 for everything, no offers or trades. It took me three years to find all these parts individually and import them from Germany. I will ship everything in one box at your expense from UPS or FedEx, your choice within the USA.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
This is for a Mk2 Golf/Jetta Syncro fuel tank, filler neck, sender and tank mounting straps. It's everything you need to complete a Syncro conversion for your Mk2. There is a pump included, I'm not sure if it works but it's the same pump as the front drive car and easy to find. The tank mounting straps are new reproduction and all other parts are used OEM VW. The price is $650 for everything, no offers or trades. It took me three years to find all these parts individually and import them from Germany. I will ship everything in one box at your expense from UPS or FedEx, your choice within the USA.

Still available :thumbup: ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
3,820 Posts

Sale pending payment.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
More Syncro / Rallye items for sale:

MK2 Syncro Rear Beam
-great shape, still has the original Syncro diff bracket mounted
$800

MK2 Rallye 20mm Rear ARB / Stabilizer Beam
SOLD

MK2 Syncro Rear Differential
-purchased to make a jig for a Haldex bracket
$100

All items located in Oregon. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to buy the rear diff if you still have it. Can you ship? I'm in north idaho. I travel to john day oregon often if thats anywhere close to you? I could possible make a trip to the coast if thats where you're at, but would way rather pay for shipping. This would be a backup/parts for my 89 golf syncro that I just changed the gear oil on and found a good sized piece of a gear tooth on the drainplug magnet.

421 - 437 of 437 Posts