VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel nervous about parking it at the lot?
Some fuktard just backed into my car. Only bent the license plate though.... thank god!
I didn't want to drive my car there, but my cousin was unwilling to share the A4 (that I maintained and was my previous car) for me to get to and from work, so I was forced to drive my 20th there.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I don't have a 20th/337 but do have a 03 vr6,silverstone. Just wait till some jealous fool decides that his key would make a great pinstripe on the side of your car! It broke my heart with less than 3k miles and only a month old.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Re: (MrGTI)

I make sure to park the farthest away from any car on the parking lot. I don't mind taking the extra minute or two to walk to where i need to go.

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (JJ2K1)

Quote, originally posted by JJ2K1 »
I make sure to park the farthest away from any car on the parking lot. I don't mind taking the extra minute or two to walk to where i need to go.

I did and some dumbass managed to back their car into mine.
I was 30 feet away from the closest parking spot.
Good thing for the clear bra, all the scrape rubbed right off and no damage is visible now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Some of my paint probably would've been rubbed off from the friction. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to 3M clear bra.
But it still gives me an excuse to get an R32 bumper.

Modified by PDing at 11:37 AM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Re: (GTI3336)

i dont have a 20th but it makes me hella nervous to park my dub anywhere... i always use corner spots when possible and try to park as far away as possible

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: For those of you who drive your 20th AE to school (PDing)

Quote »
For those of you who drive your 20th AE to school

What about the rest of us and what about ANY parking lot ANYWHERE, ever?
Who hasn't:
-Done a few laps seeking a good spot over "a" spot?
-Dropped someone off out front of (insert locale) because the above behavior makes them nuts?
-Parked 47 open spots away from anything?
-Parked with another enthusiast car way out there?
-Noted plates of neighbor cars when a good spot isn't in the mix and a door ding is possible?
...and so on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I park mine at school with no worries, but then again it's a pretty small school with lots of security. There is another girl who also has a bmp 20ae at my school who parks everyday, neither of us has ever had a problem.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

School is the worst place for a nice car. unfortunately most parking lots are packed nowadays so choosing spots is harder. just try to arrive during a nonpeak time so that you ahve the most selection.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Re: For those of you who drive your 20th AE to school (salsanacho)

i always take the end spot in the lot, that way at least one side is semi-safe. already had to fix one scratch. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Re: For those of you who drive your 20th AE to school (Anniversary1428)

Quote, originally posted by Anniversary1428 »
i always take the end spot in the lot, that way at least one side is semi-safe.

Same here or I park next to cars I know will be there longer than me.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
363 Posts

Quote, originally posted by PDing »
Do you feel nervous about parking it at the lot?
Some fuktard just backed into my car. Only bent the license plate though.... thank god!

My 20 AE almost got theft after I just bought it for 2 months.And i know another guy near my neighborhood got the same problem . Both our situations were only "attemp theft." They didn't make it~ but it took me a lot to get it fixed. 1.5k~~~

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Re: For those of you who drive your 20th AE to school (Jman5000)

Quote, originally posted by Jman5000 »

Who hasn't:
-Done a few laps seeking a good spot over "a" spot?
-Dropped someone off out front of (insert locale) because the above behavior makes them nuts?
-Parked 47 open spots away from anything?
-Parked with another enthusiast car way out there?
-Noted plates of neighbor cars when a good spot isn't in the mix and a door ding is possible?
...and so on.

I apply to ALL of the above, and im not even kidding.
And when im at school or work i park next to my friends or people that know its my car and wont hurt it.
Ian K

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Re: For those of you who drive your 20th AE to school (Boosted20th2886)

an extra walk is always worth it for a safe space...but i will never be like those rice queens who take up 3 frickin spaces with their POS, fart can driven...well, you know who i mean

at work there's a group of old guys who all park their nice rides in the far corner (a couple c4's, a 911, 2 m3's, an m5). I began parking over there cuz i knew these were guys who cared about their cars, unlike most of the moms who have suburbans, h2's who throw their doors into anything.
they don't mind me over there...i'm keeping it german

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: (redlinin)

I've been working out of Brooklyn NY for the past month and had to have my car parked for a week at a lot a few blocks away. Well washing the car this weekend I noticed that they must have rubbed one of the blue lifts that they put your car in when you're staying for a long period time, and now I have a nice long blue rub mark.. I hate driving/parking in the city.. This will not be the case when I finally pick up my BMP 20th sometime this week. Public transportation here I come!

Modified by Shmoe at 6:12 PM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Re: (20th220)

Quote, originally posted by 20th220 »
not to be a dick but does this post serve any purpose?

someone should ding this guys door

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Re: (sexyVWdiva)

I work at a hospital, and i have had i door ding, theres a big ding on my front side panel, and scrape marks on the back bumper where it looks like a truck drove over me, so now at work and anywhere else i go i usually park all the way out where no one else is, that way the car is noticed too...but it always seems when i come back out of wherever i am there is always someone else parked near me even though there are a million other spots close

1 - 20 of 21 Posts