VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about turboing my 16v...either t3 or combo t3t4 but i have few questions...one...what trim do you suggest? I'm lookin at 57 but the turbo im lookin at ( Garrett T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo ) offers 40 46 50 54 57 60...i don't really know what this trim means...also...A/R...would i be better off running low A/R like 48 or running towards 63? i want my car to be really fast...i care more about top end but i don't want horrible, horrible lag...like boosting for only a few 1000 rpms...i want to be able to be in boost for longer but my main concern is top end so im guessin a higher A/R would be better...also...T4 or T3??? EIP offers both manifolds and i have no clue as to which i wanna use...please any info will help, thanks. oh keep in mind...im a turbo noob!

· Registered
246 Posts
you should probley first get the car running on either Digi 1 or megasquirt, then think about the turbo setup......putting a turbo on the car is the easy part, aquiring and intalling the needed parts to make it work is more difficault
trim is the size of the compresser housing, the larger the trim the more flow=more power, choose your turbo then choose your manifold
im not a turbo wiz but i know enough...good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.