VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did you do about the boost return line? There is a "hole" basically, in the bottom of the TB...what do I do about that? Do you block it off? And if so what did you use? Thanks in advance - Andy

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: For those turbo G60 people... (andyveedub)

I think a lot of people use that as a BOV attachment point. Remove the butterfly and the linkage to it, slap on your BOV, and off you go.
Or, you could get it welded shut. You don't wanna just leave it open or anything.
-Nate

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: For those turbo G60 people... (SaabFan)

this picture is sideways, you can turn your head to the right, and see the K&N on the breather..
turboxs RBV-25

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: For those turbo G60 people... (mrkrad)

so youre saying I can just put a breather on there? or just the BOV?

·
Registered
29,608 Posts

the k&n goes on the breather. The turboXS RBV/BOV goes down there, might want to put a breather on the bov too lol.

·
Registered
11,641 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]so youre saying I can just put a breather on there?[HR][/HR]​
You DON'T want just a breather filter. If you just had a breather filter, you'd basically have a big boost leak at all times except full throttle.
-Nate

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: For those turbo G60 people... (SaabFan)

Im just going to weld mine shut. I though about putting my BOV there but my wastegate will be in the way. Later

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: For those turbo G60 people... (mrkrad)

Is switching throttle bodies another option? I have no idea whick one I would use though. any ideas if that would work?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

If you switch t bodies the boost will blow off your tubes...put your BOV their its the easiest way and kits are available.. When I had my turbo on my C I had a BOV on my IC piping and was too lazy to weld the Bottom shut I used some banjo wire and rigged it so the linkage would keep the butterfly closed..It worked good enough..If you justy put a breather on the tb and have a bov elsewhere it wont work..like Nate said its like having a big boost leak..you wont build up enough pressure to blow off..
Branden

1 - 10 of 10 Posts