VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 questions for the mk1 community...

What spring rates are you running on your car?
What type of driving are you doing (autocross, track, rally)?
Why did you choose those rates?

Pics for clicks

·
Registered
972 Posts
3 questions for the mk1 community...

What spring rates are you running on your car?
What type of driving are you doing (autocross, track, rally)?
Why did you choose those rates?
450 front 350 rear, Its just used for autox.
I chose those rates because I already had the springs from my old autox car and they work fine on the rabbit.

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
On my old WackyWabbit SCCA H-production road race car, I used a front spring rate of 500# to 600# depending on the type of track and a rear spring rate of 350# with two rear anti-sway bars. I had a selection of rear anti-sway bars and used different ones for different tracks.

The springs were the race type 2-1/2 inch ID with a length of 7 inches.

Spring rates were selected based on a prelimanary calculation of the Roll Couple Distribution. Anti-sway bars also provide an equivalent "spring rate" to the calculation.

Cheers, WWR.

·
Banned
23,466 Posts
depends what your trying to do.. but alot of people including myself just wanna go low.

so i kept stock offset wheels, low pro tires and a good amount of lowering.. slammed the **** of my rabbit on raceland coils with spacers. mostly because i couldnty afford a better suspension..

you loose alot of the dinamic and travel on teh suspension as u go lower.. so sometime its not the best to be too tight...

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
ran: 350f/250r
mostly autox/daily
suggested by ground control and others

swapped the front springs to the back and go some 450's

450f/350r
autox/track days/daily
wanted stiffer for track days and autox events, but not soo stiff it couldn't be semi-comfortably street driven. Also wanted to get a little more adjustment out of my ground controls, so i use shorter springs in the front, and was then able to corner balance the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.