VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chip Dyno Thread =
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1185070.phtml
Repost off AudiWorld. You may or may not have seen this. Finally some justice in back-to-back dyno numbers.
Maybe add this to the FAQ?
P4V

Modified by PhunkFX at 8:17 AM 7-13-2007

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (quikveedb2)

Moderators please add to FAQ. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Thanks for the link and good info PhunkFX http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (Erlkonig)

dam the apr chip sux that bad. I might get giac but i do like the sawping ****ing of the apr.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (chaos2984)

GIAC does have a flash loader for $150, that’s about the same price you will pay to have a switchable APR ECU.
Chew on that

Modified by PhunkFX at 11:11 PM 4-1-2007

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (chaos2984)

Quote, originally posted by chaos2984 »
dam the apr chip sux that bad. I might get giac but i do like the sawping ****ing of the apr.

that test is a little old, I like to see one done with APR's new version.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (A2hybridVR6)

so thiers hope out there yet with my apr ecms program.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (A2hybridVR6)

Quote, originally posted by A2hybridVR6 »

that test is a little old, I like to see one done with APR's new version.

What new version? And how new? I wonder how I can tell what version I have?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (GLS-S4)

Unknown, came from the PO of the PO haha. I'm a third owner.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (PhunkFX)

is that your car, the santo.....what kind of wheels do you have on it??? im def interested in a set if i could ever find them.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

Phunk, do you have EMCS home programmer? You could try downloading APE file to match your car and push it into ECU with EMCS. This would guarantee known file state.
I'm a little leary of some of the numbers posted in the Dyno Thread link. There are alot of variables that could skew #'s. I find the APR HP number a little low and the gap between APR and GIAC a little too wide. If this is true, someone should start a class action suit for false advertising.

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (GLS-S4)

If i was to get the giac chip, what else would i need to run stage 1 properly. Upgraded fuel pump and diverter valve?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (ilde10)

Quote, originally posted by ilde10 »
If i was to get the giac chip, what else would i need to run stage 1 properly. Upgraded fuel pump and diverter valve?

No fuel pump needed. Just upgrade diverter valves, throttle body boot, and f-hose if your car has one.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (BlkdoutS4)

Quote, originally posted by BlkdoutS4 »

No fuel pump needed. Just upgrade diverter valves, throttle body boot, and f-hose if your car has one.

What he said! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Re: For those wondering about S4 chip power diifferences. -AW Repost. (BlkdoutS4)

Quote, originally posted by BlkdoutS4 »

im guessing forge is the way to go?

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Re: (julex)

Quote, originally posted by julex »
Audi TT DVs, aka 710N part, being OEM but of better design, is the way to go.

apparently the motor im getting already has the 710's in it so im good on that part. Now its time to decide what chip to get...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: (ilde10)

Quote, originally posted by ilde10 »

apparently the motor im getting already has the 710's in it so im good on that part. Now its time to decide what chip to get...

GIAC will be the most aggressive, APR one of the more milder ones. I ran the GIAC chip with a MBC to clip boost spikes before i went stage 3 and loved it. Put down 286 awhp/ 362 awtq when i was stage 2+..

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

Quote, originally posted by PhunkFX »
Unknown, came from the PO of the PO haha. I'm a third owner.

No PhunkFX you bought the car from me, I bought it bone stock! I put the chip in!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts